Creative or highly effective funding mechanisms

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Tag... you are it!!!

At this rate of rapid boring posts, you'll have 12 " likes " from our resident DCP Egg Beater by 1 am  tonite !... lol!!

Edited by BRASSO

5 minutes ago, corpsband said:

This is as entertaining as the egg-man.  Well -- almost as entertaining.  sK8qzi5.gif

Sort of reminds me of this exchange in the movie The Breakfast Club:

Brian: You wear tights?

Andrew: I wear the required uniform (for wrestling).

Brian: Tights.

Andrew: SHUT UP!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, corpsband said:

This is as entertaining as the egg-man.  Well -- almost as entertaining.  sK8qzi5.gif

At least you did not say Edie who likes the egg-man in the movie Pink Flamingos! :hehe:

Edited by Stu

10 hours ago, garfield said:

Ulterior motive.  Point dismissed.

So far, I haven't seen much in the way of creative solutions from those claiming that I missed some profound point.

But then, I do more than just banter about these issues from the comfort of my home.

c'est la vie

Ulterior motive.  ???  What are you talking about?  The missed point:  You get money from where the money is.  You go to money sources to ask for money.  You took from that: a criminal reference, pointing out DC is not a criminal activity.  Duh!.  That take away of yours was not the point of the analogy.  Oh and thanks for the condescending commentary.  No one was trying to provide you with an explanation YOU found satisfactory.  It wasn't about you. que sera sera.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stu said:

Your response to the inquiry posed by OP is to state that raising millions of dollars each year is not that complicated; and preface it by implying that the corps staff merely needs to rob banks, because that is where the money is at, and then hope they do not end up in prison.  Nice.

Also missed point. It was an analogy that most people would understand.  Yeah right he was suggesting you rob banks as a fundraising opportunity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

Also missed point. It was an analogy that most people would understand.  Yeah right he was suggesting you rob banks as a fundraising opportunity.

Exactly. I said " you go where the money is " to effectively fund raise, then followed it up in a later post with the joke.  Even Moderator MikeD got the point as he " liked " my comment/ joke above regarding the " rob banks ". But then Stu here decided to jump in and troll on that in an obvious attempt to pick a fight with me, as if I was actually seriously suggesting Corps staff " rob banks " to raise money ( haha!.. even he does not believe I seriously meant THAT). So naturally I laughed at that reply of his, called this trolling of his " boring " and told him to" go away and leave me alone"... lol!!

Edited by BRASSO

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Exactly. I said " you go where the money is " to effectively fund raise, then followed it up in a later post with the joke.  Even Moderator MikeD got the point as he " liked " my comment/ joke above regarding the " rob banks ". But then Stu here decided to jump in and troll on that in an obvious attempt to pick a fight with me, as if I was actually seriously suggesting Corps staff " rob banks " to raise money ( haha!.. even he does not believe I seriously meant THAT). So naturally I laughed at that reply of his, called this trolling of his " boring " and told him to" go away and leave me alone"... lol!!

Brasso, it's not that I didn't like your posts, it's that you offer nothing in relation to the OP's question.  What is "creative" or "highly effective" about your posts?  Nothing.  In fact, had your points been brought up in a brainstorming meeting of actual directors, it likely would elicit the "Duh" that some here have attributed to my responses.  I know you can do better.

Your attempt at wit was only that, and not anything useful at all for the OP, or me, to take away.

And your long diatribe is not even accurate.  When asked by a reporter why he robbed banks, Sutton replied "Because that's where the money is."

You would have been more effective (and that's not saying much based on your first post) had you simply said to apply Occam's razor.  But neither would address the OP's request for "...creative or highly effective funding mechanisms", would they?  In my recent experience at a meeting of directors, even the most nascent Soundsport or Open Class leaders know to not look where there's no chance of finding money.

Other than a bunch of comments about me missing your base-level point that didn't have to be made, again, I see very little in the way of productive answers to a very legitimate question by the OP.

Carry on the good fight of making your post more important than it actually was.  I'll read actual fundraising suggestions with more interest.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Can the mods end this.  It's become a mudwrestling match with people just picking fights at this point.

You can report posts, but you can't request a thread be closed unless you are the OP.  Otherwise, the mods know how to do their job.

Now, do you have any creative or highly effective fundraising ideas to share?