Creative or highly effective funding mechanisms

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, steelchops said:

I'm wondering what the universe of expertise can suggest here........what novel ways have you seen that might help with this never-ending problem?

Go find lots and lots of people with lots and lots of money, and appeal to them in an emotional and practical way for a large, annual, donation for " a worthy, youthful cause ". Then do something for them in return that makes them believe their donation was personally ( or financially ) rewarding for them to do so. This tried and true method of raising needed money is still better than any new, fancy, " novel " way to raise money ( that could dry up.. and disappear ) that I can think of at the moment, anyway.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Go find lots and lots of people with lots and lots of money, and appeal to them in an emotional and practical way for a large, annual, donation for " a worthy, youthful cause ". That's still better than any new, fancy, " novel " way to raise money that I can think of at the moment, anyway.

I agree. Rich people help. 

35 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

I agree. Rich people help. 

A noted academic Psychologist from a renowned Ivy League University once went to do an in depth study of the inner workings of the mind of a notorious thief and bank robber( Willy Sutton ) to find out what made him tick, and to find out some of the deep analytical motivations behind his years of criminality, as perhaps a future way to understand what makes a criminal like Willy do these things. Was it perhaps a repressive, non nurturing, non loving upbringing ? Was it perhaps something hereditary ?.. or perhaps his environment of poverty ? Or something else, even more deeper, sinister ?

So the Psychologist met with Willy Sutton in the Prison Library, and after a few pleasantries of words were exchanged to have Willy relax and feel comfortable so that he would reveal his deepest, darkest, thoughts... the  Psychologist asked Willy...... " So Mr. Sutton, take your time on this, but could you answer me this question... as I'd really like to know.... Mr. Sutton, why do you rob banks ?

Willy Sutton reportedly looked at the Psychologist with a very befuddled, confused look on his face... then replied..... " You are asking me why I rob banks ? ( The psychologist nodded his head slowly.. ..yes ). Willy then replied... " Because that's where they keep the money. "

Sometimes things are not as complicated as we'd like them to be, imo

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

A noted academic Psychologist from a renowned Ivy League University once went to do an in depth study of the inner workings of the mind of a notorious thief and bank robber( Willy Sutton ) to find out what made him tick, and to find out some of the deep analytical motivations behind his years of criminality, as perhaps a future way to understand what makes a criminal like Willy do these things. Was it perhaps a repressive, non nurturing, non loving upbringing ? Was it perhaps something hereditary ?.. or perhaps his environment of poverty ? Or something else, even more deeper, sinister ?

So the Psychologist met with Willy Sutton in the Prison Library, and after a few pleasantries of words were exchanged to have Willy relax and feel comfortable so that he would reveal his deepest, darkest, thoughts... the  Psychologist asked Willy...... " So Mr. Sutton, take your time on this, but could you answer me this question... as I'd really, really like to know.... Mr. Sutton, why do you rob  Banks ?

Willy Sutton reportedly looked at the Psychologist with a very befuddled, confused look on his face... then replied..... " You are asking me why I rob banks ? ( The psychologist nodded his head slowly.. ..yes ). Willy then replied... " Because that's where they keep the money. "

Sometimes things are not as complicated as we'd like them to be, imo

Yea, but drum corps is not a convicted criminal behind bars, it's an activity involving kids and million-dollar budgets.

Throughout your cheerful banter, the OP's question still remains...

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

Yea, but drum corps is not a convicted criminal behind bars, it's an activity involving kids and million-dollar budgets.

Oh.. brother..  sometimes I ask myself ..why do I even bother... lol!

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, garfield said:

I think the point he was trying to make was fairly clear.

I think System Blue's approach is pretty interesting. Supplying other drum corps isn't a bad gig and is certainly an inventive way to make money. Cut out the middle man as it were.

On March 7, 2017 at 7:02 PM, DrumManTx said:

Seems like getting involved with the community of Boston has done wonders for the Boston Crusaders in recent years.  Can't beat some of that good old community support.  

What Boston Crusaders has done well is reach out to deep pockets without forgetting the small donors. They do a great deal of outreach to alums and connect alums  with current marching members. They also do a good job at connecting with the alums from the wider marching community: the drum corps, drill teams, and bands of CYO, Eastern Mass, and Mayflower circuits, especially at shows, which reminds you of the activity you love and the importance of giving. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, garfield said:

Point missed. Too bad.