DCI 2017 Open Class Programs List

I'm trying to fix how some lines are double spaced and some aren't. Anyone know how to fix it?

The Company has announced their 2017 show:

All creative ideas start off being just a single thought. The process continues and the journey begins!

In 2017, THE COMPANY are taking our own journey across the Atlantic to perform on the World Stage at Drum Corps International.

This year’s production will have a sense of just that… a journey to something unknown, a place that we could only dream of!

Our journey is taking us to tomorrow, a place that is whatever you want it to be! A place where life is almost perfect, everything has meaning and where your dreams become a reality.

The musical arrangement features original compositions by Andrew Markworth, as well as Pat Metheny’s “Letter from Home”

We all have an idea of what we want Tomorrow to be. For some it’s a lifetime away, but for us… it’s just around the corner!

C:Usersrick.cartwrightDesktopTOMORROW LOGOTOMORROW Model (1

13 minutes ago, PRphan72 said:

The Company has announced their 2017 show:

All creative ideas start off being just a single thought. The process continues and the journey begins!

In 2017, THE COMPANY are taking our own journey across the Atlantic to perform on the World Stage at Drum Corps International.

This year’s production will have a sense of just that… a journey to something unknown, a place that we could only dream of!

Our journey is taking us to tomorrow, a place that is whatever you want it to be! A place where life is almost perfect, everything has meaning and where your dreams become a reality.

The musical arrangement features original compositions by Andrew Markworth, as well as Pat Metheny’s “Letter from Home”

We all have an idea of what we want Tomorrow to be. For some it’s a lifetime away, but for us… it’s just around the corner!

C:Usersrick.cartwrightDesktopTOMORROW LOGOTOMORROW Model (1

I'm super excited to see how they do, I'm always so impressed by the quality of their show designs and they can sure perform them too.  I love Markworth and Metheny so win win.  

Edited by DrumManTx

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Legends 2017: "The Signal"

I thought I was going love BDB's show the most this year in open class but I think I might be mistaken now.

36 minutes ago, sagemode67 said:

I thought I was going love BDB's show the most this year in open class but I think I might be mistaken now.

I'm still waiting for SCVC to announce their show before I can determine which one of last year's top three I'm most excited for, but I was very happy to find out from that announcement that Legends will field a nearly full corps this season.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

THE COLUMBIANS DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS IS PROUD TO PRESENT THEIR 2017 PROGRAM “DO NOT GO GENTLE”.

IN THE POIGNANT WORDS OF POET DYLAN THOMAS “DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT…RAGE, RAGE AGAINST THE DYING OF THE LIGHT!”

As we begin our program, a darkness threatens to extinguish the light within. The haunting strains of Edvard Grieg’s “Funeral March” woven over Samuel Barber’s “Adagio for Strings” darkens the stage as we transition further into turmoil through Elliot del Borgo’s “Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night”. The Columbians bring to life the battle to hold on to what is light and good when external forces push toward darkness and destruction. An emotional transformation takes place with Samuel Barber’s masterpiece “Adagio for Strings”, and the victorious tones of “A Mighty Fortress” resonates within as we emerge from trials stronger and full of light!

Join us on our journey in what is certain to be our most emotional and stunning production yet, with music arranged by Russ Newbury, percussion by Chris Grant, choreography by Kat Lagge and Anna Newbury, and drill by Dillon Miller.

Please, please, please Columbians: do not do like the multiple marching bands at BOA Grand Nationals in 2015 who interspersed extensive quotation from that poem (in what sounded like either Richard Burton's or Anthony Hopkins's voice) throughout their shows. If you're going to use the poem at all, restrict it to the beginning and/or end. (And if so, you should actually have someone speak it live, rather than relying on a pre-existing recording.)

• Like 1