Don't You Miss.....

...the days when the only way you knew what music the corps were playing was by reading Drum Corps News or Drum Corps World?

...when corps would play a variety of music and there wasn't a theme? Who started this "THEME" thing anyways? Des Plaines Vanguard? Troopers? Who????

...waiting for the CONCERT number where corps could sit back and play?

...all the All Girl Corps? Bon Bons, St. Ignatius? Mello Dears? St. Johns Girls? CapitolAires? etc

...Colts old look?

...Bridgemen and Velvet Knights?

...George Zingali and Steve Brubaker?

...Fred Stanford?

...All NY corps that are gone? (Being someone who competed in NY in the 1970's, this upsets me)...although corps from North America that are gone are missed!

...DCI on PBS LIVE?????

2 hours ago, KeithHall said:

....Colts old look?

Which Colts look, Keith?  The pre-1977 cowboy uniforms, with vests and cowboy boots....

or the 1977 riverboat gambler uniforms?  

Most people don't know that Drum Corps World owner Steve Vickers came up with the design for those 1977 orange gambler uniforms.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KeithHall said:

...the days when the only way you knew what music the corps were playing was by reading Drum Corps News or Drum Corps World?

...when corps would play a variety of music and there wasn't a theme? Who started this "THEME" thing anyways? Des Plaines Vanguard? Troopers? Who????

...waiting for the CONCERT number where corps could sit back and play?

...all the All Girl Corps? Bon Bons, St. Ignatius? Mello Dears? St. Johns Girls? CapitolAires? etc

...Colts old look?

...Bridgemen and Velvet Knights?

...George Zingali and Steve Brubaker?

...Fred Stanford?

...All NY corps that are gone? (Being someone who competed in NY in the 1970's, this upsets me)...although corps from North America that are gone are missed!

...DCI on PBS LIVE?????

"Missing You, Missing Me":

Miss ALL of the above.  The "Theme" thing "MAY" have been started by the old Archer-Epler Musketeers senior corps back in the mid 1950's, with their "King and I" show, complete with the late Vince Deagan as the "King".    My old junior corps, the CT Royal Lancers had a "theme" show, "South Pacific" written by Joe Genero, that we played in 1963 and 1964.

Also miss our old Bridgeport CT hometown all girls corps the Notre Dame HS and Colonades juniors.

Miss Drum Corps News summer editions with writers like Boston's Ed Rooney who were the "Walter Winchells" of the activity,  and photos by Moe Knox.

Elphaba     :flower:

Edited by elphaba01

...DCI on PBS LIVE????? yes

PBS Spokane had DCI finals for years and since had good programming. Local TV is good for drum corps then and now. Look outside the box Keith Hall. Be creative.

On 3/17/2017 at 7:46 AM, KeithHall said:

the days when the only way you knew what music the corps were playing was by reading Drum Corps News or Drum Corps World?

And, along those lines, tracking a corps' summer progress by reading scores in those publications.

Without the "instant update" situation we have today, you'd sometimes have a situation where you hadn't seen a corps all summer, hadn't checked their scores either at all, or not since an early-season show... and that corps would come out and surprise the heck out of you at a championship show.

Edited by Fran Haring

Colt .45 came to the NT Open in 74 or 75 and I was NOT a fan of that uniform. Loved the Riverboat Gambler uni's though!