BK invited to perform in Bahrain

46 minutes ago, Lance said:

drum corps is wonderful.

the worst that can happen on dcp for saying something, political is getting banned, and it takes a lot of repetition for that to happen. in bahrain, the penalties can be slightly more severe.

they're our quirky little allies, so i'm sure bk members will be safe, which is all i really care about. 

especially considering they're part of the Bahrain Grand Prix.   Formula One races are a pretty big event.  

The trip went well.. all right !. Their main plane went through the rain to Bahrain!

Nobody stung by a scorpion on the plane?

TbH and unpopular opinion but this gig sounds like maybe not the best. I am a motorsports fan, so I know what a race day is like. If they are performing while standing ON the track, it could be pretty unpleasant. The track surface temperatures in a hot region like the Persian Gulf can reach as high as 50+ C (122+ F). I went to a World Endurance Championship race in Austin, TX in September, and the Texas State marching band played while on the track, and 5 members had to come out of their block, sit down, and receive additional attention because of heat. [Bahrain is a night race, so the track temps may be much lower]

Are those Andalucia Bb sopranos they're using? The bell size gives it away (I always thought those huge bells looked cooler on the field head on than the tiny black dots of regular trumpets). 

I actually thought it sounded like they were playing on G at first, which is a huge testament to Andalucia. My ear might have been tricked by the instrument looking so much like an old soprano, though. Can't wait to see corps compete with these regardless; huge step in the right direction.

• Like 1