BK invited to perform in Bahrain

The thing I found most interesting about this is that the director found drum corps through a single Blue Knights video, and after researching, opted to stick with Blue Knights as his go-to corps.

Awesome opportunity for BK. I can't wait to hear stories after they return!

Edited by ouooga
  • Like 1

The thing I found most interesting is the Thriller choreography that's happening in the background.

• Like 1

Spent three days in Bahrain back in the Summer of 91 on R&R during our deployment to load ships of the USA military equipment heading home.  The Brits donated their cruise ship the Cunard so just about every military person spent three days on the docked ship and shopped in Bahrain.  Interesting to see the Saudi's buying booze and driving back to Saudi Arabia. 

May BK have a great trip and create tons of memories with the opportunity to spread the gospel of the marching arts to others.

37 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Spent three days in Bahrain back in the Summer of 91 on R&R during our deployment to load ships of the USA military equipment heading home.  The Brits donated their cruise ship the Cunard so just about every military person spent three days on the docked ship and shopped in Bahrain.  Interesting to see the Saudi's buying booze and driving back to Saudi Arabia. 

May BK have a great trip and create tons of memories with the opportunity to spread the gospel of the marching arts to others.

The Las Vegas of the Middle East :-) 

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

The Las Vegas of the Middle East :-) 

What I've heard.  The jewelry section of town was amazing.  One of my fellow officers knew about gold and the current rates which was a big help.

This is great for BK and all, but I would encourage them to know about specific cultural differences between there and the U.S., especially regarding any free time activities for the members. Some penalties for various activities could be very different and very severe compared to most of the Western World.

6 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

This is great for BK and all, but I would encourage them to know about specific cultural differences between there and the U.S., especially regarding any free time activities for the members. Some penalties for various activities could be very different and very severe compared to most of the Western World.

Bahrain is pretty Westernized as Arab countries go.  Performing at  Formula One race is even more so.  That said -- I'm sure their hosts will be briefing them on local customs.  

• Like 1