Mandarins 2017 - Inside the Ink

Well they announced so why not give them a thread?  They're certainly deserving of one after their last 4 seasons.  

17352003_1320779301348343_45521968166828

Love the thematic idea.  If you didn't listen to it, basically it sounds like they're going to have a duality of insanity versus sanity going on throughout the show using the Rosarch Ink Blot Tests as a visual medium to convey that.  These things you see in a bunch of movies:

Mandarins have been on a roll lately, sans a slightly less entertaining show (at least for me personally) in 2014 I think they've been consistently putting out incredibly cohesive, smart, and intelligent designs that play to their capabilities incredibly well.  Last year especially was cohesive and strong across the board.  Their color guards improvement in recent years is nothing short of fantastic too.  Very well deserved record high score for them in World Class last year.  I'm very excited to see what they can do, they're definitely on my potential dark horses list.  

• Like 4

I have become a fan of Mandarins the past few seasons and always try to catch their performances.  Last year I thought their show, esp. the visual package, was just lovely.  

• Like 1

I am really looking forward to Mandarins once again this year. I have really enjoyed them since the early 90s. The last few years, they have really improved which is so great to see. Their shows have gone from very good to great. Best of luck to the Mandarins.

• 1 month later...
Just now, gbass598 said:

I would expect something quite interesting considering Ike Jackson is the program coordinator. Watch any of his Ayala HS WGI shows for the brilliance that he has brought to that activity.

Oh my God their WGI percussion show this year.  

:blink:

LOVED it.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I didn't get it on first view and the oh #### moment when I did on the second view was pretty awesome.  

Flomarching did a nice little interview segment with Ike describing the show. It is so different and so effective. If he even brings 1/2 of that to the Mandarins they will be making a step in the right direction.