Mandarins 2017 - Inside the Ink

Just now, gbass598 said:

Flomarching did a nice little interview segment with Ike describing the show. It is so different and so effective. If he even brings 1/2 of that to the Mandarins they will be making a step in the right direction.

Was he their acquisition from The Academy?  

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Was he their acquisition from The Academy?  

Yes, Ike had done the percussion at the Academy for the last few years. I'm not sure if he had much program design input there though, which is possibly why he left. I'm just making guesses but he is clearly one of the great creative minds in the indoor activity and I'm looking forward to seeing hat he can do in the drum corps side.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

Yes, Ike had done the percussion at the Academy for the last few years. I'm not sure if he had much program design input there though, which is possibly why he left. I'm just making guesses but he is clearly one of the great creative minds in the indoor activity and I'm looking forward to seeing hat he can do in the drum corps side.

I've gone on the record a few times as saying I think this is their break out year, and I still stand behind that.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I've gone on the record a few times as saying I think this is their break out year, and I still stand behind that.  

I agree with you!  They have made some real strides in the past few years, esp. visually.  I became a fan of this corps when they did their 'Destination America' show.  They have been on the verge of a big breakout ever since!  Go Mandies!

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

It seems the Mandarins have responded to Boston Crusaders puppy challenge.  

I wonder if The Academy will respond with a foxhound, or a beagle (specifically for wabbit hunting).

On 3/26/2017 at 4:14 PM, luv4corps said:

I have become a fan of Mandarins the past few seasons and always try to catch their performances.  Last year I thought their show, esp. the visual package, was just lovely.  

I enjoy Mandarins. They have made steady improvement, pushing themselves a bit more each year. I like the racial diversity in the corps and based on speaking with some volunteers they offer good experience for marching members. However when I can say I became a fan was in Allentown in 2015. FREEPlayers performed an exhibition and needed some help, Mandarins were asked for ten or so volunteers, they opted for the "or so" and the entire corps assisted and cheered them on. So enjoyable shows, diverse, and compassionate, all make for a good corps.

24 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

It seems the Mandarins have responded to Boston Crusaders wicked puppy posted by Liahona from their spring training.    

So before the first show, the season has gone to the dogs!

• 2 weeks later...