Phantom Regiment 2017

26 minutes ago, Eleran said:

I tend to think that the reference to "selections from past years" probably only applies to the specific civic concert the ad was for, not their field show (eg. Elsa's Procession).

Edit:  NVM - I see that someone else said the same thing already

That's how I read that.......they always play their encore pieces to fill out that particular concert.

1 hour ago, wonker said:

That's how I read that.......they always play their encore pieces to fill out that particular concert.

Can confirm. Based on my source, all of their repertoire for 2017 have never been played by Regiment before.

Edited by Tacited
  • Like 3

Some here mentioned Finlandia.  Is that confirmed as the Sibelius?   I'd prefer other pieces (Symphony #1, #2 or #5; Karelia Suite), but am happy to at least have some Sibelius on the field.

For the Khachaturian, I'd enjoy pieces from his Gayaneh ballet (though not Sabre Dance, which is simply too cliché at this point):  Ayshe's Awakening and Dance, or Lezghinka

For Shostakovich, it could be anything, but someone said all the pieces are new to Phantom (which rules out Sym. #5, unfortunately, and lots more.)   Maybe they'll go outside his Symphonies for the String Quartet No.8 maybe?   I don't understand why no one has used that yet!!!! 

I'd have no problem with Lawrence of Arabia, if that's the Jarre piece.  Other than Heat Wave last season (7 shows down in the deep south last season), no DCI corps has played it over 40 years.  But he's done so many films (if it's even him, not his son) that it could be anything.  Heck, it might be the closing scene from Enemy Mine:

20 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Some here mentioned Finlandia.  Is that confirmed as the Sibelius?   I'd prefer other pieces (Symphony #1, #2 or #5; Karelia Suite), but am happy to at least have some Sibelius on the field.

The Sibelius reveal first happened when some eagle eye noted from a camp video that Finlandia was the tune that was on the stands. 

1 minute ago, kdaddy said:

The Sibelius reveal first happened when some eagle eye noted from a camp video that Finlandia was the tune that was on the stands. 

and that goes back a few months...

Anyone wanna update me on what Regiment's rumored to be doing

2 minutes ago, corpsband said:

TtfiKRW.png

I'll be hangin around until dental school starts up later this summer :thumbs-up:

• Like 1