Phantom Regiment 2017

8 hours ago, snare_guy_83 said:

No one from Phantom's staff must be on these forums....a week after the snafu of the program title/composers being unintentionally leaked, Phantom hasn't officially posted anything. 

They are still celebrating the Berry graduation. :guinesssmilie:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Let me put this right here

Two major takeaways I'm getting from this video:

- They're using some really unique percussion effects (playing snare with stick in one hand and the other hand is bare, placing a chain on a snare, cymbals in the front ensemble that look like metal plates).

- For the fact that it's a Cartwright design, it surprised me that the guard is using weapons. Most Cartwright designs in the HS marching band world utilize only flags.

2 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Two major takeaways I'm getting from this video:

- They're using some really unique percussion effects (playing snare with stick in one hand and the other hand is bare, placing a chain on a snare, cymbals in the front ensemble that look like metal plates).

- For the fact that it's a Cartwright design, it surprised me that the guard is using weapons. Most Cartwright designs in the HS marching band world utilize only flags.

great video - interesting how he states "coming out on the field looking much different than we usually look" -- guess it is safe to say no more white?

13 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

great video - interesting how he states "coming out on the field looking much different than we usually look" -- guess it is safe to say no more white?

Sounds like a safe bet, but they have also come out on the field wearing black, so if they come out in black, it's not going to be that different of a look.

Now if they come out in all red or blue ( red/blue and white, or red/blue and black), THAT would be unusual.

I don't expect too much change from them really.

I most interested in his arrangements.

Edited by jjeffeory

Is there a chance that more of the control is being handed over to Pitts in an attempt to hearkening back as well as look forward? This video seemed to indicate that he was leading the way design wise, not just in his arranger role

Edited by brassdude6171

Current MM on Reddit said that Will Pitts' arrangements are fantastic this year. Very excited to hear Phantom start to get their sound back

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

Is there a chance that more of the control is being handed over to Pitts in an attempt to hearing back as well as look forward? This video seemed to indicate that he was leading the way design wise, not just in his arranger role

Will is an amazing person, brilliant in so many ways. I would not be surprised to see him take a major lead as he is so well respected by Regiment organization.

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

Now if they come out in all red or blue ( red/blue and white, or red/blue and black), THAT would be unusual.

I don't expect too much change from them really.

Using different colors other than black, white and silver isn't all that uncommon for the Regiment. I'm thinking of uniforms such as 2007 (light blue sash), 2015 (gold in the sash), and the tan uniforms from the early 2000s. Plus, the hornline choreography last year looked so ridiculous to me, especially when in those relatively heavy uniforms, so I wouldn't mind if they modernized and came out with a more Bluecoats-like uniform this season to help with this aspect.

• Like 1