Phantom Regiment 2017

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The difficulty of the drill in combination with the music reminds me of BAC 2014. I'm hoping they'll be a little more successful in getting it clean than they were

I think they will be. The musical issues are mostly contained to just a few feature spots but most of the music sounds very good at this point. The drill difficulty is pretty spread out, but I didn't see the places where they had the most issues with drill being the same places where they were having most of the musical issues so again I think it's something they'll be able to do once they just get the show under their feet a bit more. 

Edit: Also interesting to see that they seem to be rehearsing in partial uniform, but I guess that makes sense for having to change costumes/hats. It may also just be a thing they do for their runs towards the end of rehearsals when it's not as hot. 

Edited by Jagula
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jagula said:

Edit: Also interesting to see that they seem to be rehearsing in partial uniform, but I guess that makes sense for having to change costumes/hats. It may also just be a thing they do for their runs towards the end of rehearsals when it's not as hot. 

From what I've seen, corps that have costume changes wear their uni or some version of it during rehearsals.

Broken Arrow comes to DCI!! This is a very good thing for me.  Love the style.   And even the twirling skirts.

• Like 1

I liked the show, saw the rehearsal come through Utah on Wednesday. I can't wait to see the show with its finished product!!! I think there's soooo much potential, but the use of one CG member to portray some sort of storyline is confusing, and only the general theme of dark to light comes out, details get lost to me. But I do love the closer. The first and second act (as they called them) have some brass and visual beef!!!!!!!! Lots to clean: lots of double tonguing and moving at 180+. Marching technique really lost its definition.

They are only marching 7 snares this year, is there a particular reason to that??

And the other thing I can't believe no one's mentioned: TROMBONES!!!!! I thought the little feature was waaaaayy too short! I want to hear more, and have them pop more visually, they kind of got lost in the pit. Tried to do a SCV '14 opener type of hit. 

14 minutes ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

Do they use bass trombone? I feel like the Khachaturian needs bass trombone :D

Same, I want the Khachaturian to have a little bit more impact seeing as the symphony itself has points that are some of the loudest you'll find in a symphony.

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

The difficulty of the drill in combination with the music reminds me of BAC 2014. I'm hoping they'll be a little more successful in getting it clean than they were

Animal Farm was always a show I thought felt like something Phantom Regiment might try when they wanted to modernize again. Unlike Into the Light, it'd be that intense, aggressive, and dark style 

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to a first read of the show of it has that tone and how they clean through the season. Given that it seems they've outperformed their show by Allentown the past two years, it's great to see them bite off some more.