Phantom Regiment 2017

4 hours ago, henry7184 said:

That's part of it too. I like the show. I was honestly bored musically in Stanford, but that could easily change. It could actually end up being one of my favorites. I prefer old school to new school, but the judges don't. 

I would actually argue this is false.  There has been some years fairly recently, where I feel one of the only reasons they were able to stay in finals was because they stuck to their tradition.  (Not this year though, this year seems solid)

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

We'll see who's full of it when Regiment is sitting in 10th to 12th come finals. Enjoy it. 

For Regiment to rise, they'd have to beat a few corps, and I'm not sure which one(s) that would be, if any at all.

But for Regiment to fall that far, they'd have to lose to a few corps. With all due respect to those groups, I think only Boston could potentially be up to that task. (I like Blue Stars but not sure they could do it, and I can't see Xmen or Academy doing it)

Edited by kdaddy

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

Done with this thread.

Thank goodness

• Like 4

While some people are arguing over the placement of Phantom's show, I'm willing to bet my money that the people marching there are having the time of their lives

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

While some people are arguing over the placement of Phantom's show, I'm willing to bet my money that the people marching there are having the time of their lives

Please dont start this.  I agree with you, but that topic has been beaten to death.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

For Regiment to rise, they'd have to beat a few corps, and I'm not sure which one(s) that would be, if any at all.

But for Regiment to fall that far, they'd have to lose to a few corps. With all due respect to those groups, I think only Boston could potentially be up to that task. (I like Blue Stars but not sure they could do it, and I can't see Xmen or Academy doing it)

Not that I want to see Phantom do poorly (quite the opposite), but they will not beat the Boston Crusaders this summer unless they make HUGE strides.  Crossmen could be a tall order too. They are stronger than last year I believe.   Like any year, however, I love Phantom Regiment because I love that style of music and their traditional approach to sound. There is no doubt that over the recent years they have struggled some to find their competitive edge -- a balance of tradition and new.  With corps like Academy, Crossmen, and Boston getting much better; and with Blue Knights having already jumped into the top 7 or 8 most years, it is becoming more difficult for corps like Phantom and Madison to obtain top-tier placements in DCI.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Please dont start this.  I agree with you, but that topic has been beaten to death.  

I'm not trying to start anything. But it gets a bit tiring when I see page after page of critiquing a corps. If all I saw regarding my corps was people b*tching and moaning about placements, I wouldn't be very happy. I'm not saying that everybody does that, but it gets a bit aggravating to be honest.