Phantom Regiment 2017

1 hour ago, zachariaswmb said:

Beat me to it! Pasadena is quite the haul. 

One too many beers tonight! ;p

12 hours ago, JKT90 said:

How would you interpret the scores from last night? Looking at visual - content was like 71and achievement around 63...is it the show is dirty and has a lot of potential to make up ground, or, it's beyond what they can achieve and needs to be watered? BK was like 68/65 yet PR was .1 behind in total GE. Trying to get a better grasp on how to read the sheets. 

It's extremely dirty.  Give it time and start watering mid July...

26 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

It's extremely dirty.  Give it time and start watering mid July...

Meaning much room for improvement...vs content of 69 and achievement of 67...?

I suspect there was major improvement tonight.  They will be working all the way to but I think they will put on a good show by then. 

I'm probably not the best one to make this staiement, but I think the brass writing needs a little brightness added to the writing.  It just seems dull. 

I will have to say I like the show so much more than I thought I would.  Still think they need to kill the helmet change.

Good job PR

52 minutes ago, JKT90 said:

Meaning much room for improvement...vs content of 69 and achievement of 67...?

My opinion.  Content tends to go up with achievement too, unless there's a problem with the show.

Phantom, I implore you ... WE implore you ... we being all of us trying to enjoy your show on FloMarching: your decision to place speakers squarely on the 35s is RUINING the enjoyment of your performance for thousands online.

The standard for the broadcast microphone setup is on the 50 and the 35s. PLEASE MOVE your 35 yd line speakers -- just 3-4 yards in or out to the 31-32 or the 38-39 will do WONDERS for broadcast balance.

Please pass this msg/request along to those who make the decisions there. Thank you.

Edited by hughesmr
  • Like 2

On 7/1/2017 at 8:30 AM, JKT90 said:

How would you interpret the scores from last night? Looking at visual - content was like 71and achievement around 63...is it the show is dirty and has a lot of potential to make up ground, or, it's beyond what they can achieve and needs to be watered? BK was like 68/65 yet PR was .1 behind in total GE. Trying to get a better grasp on how to read the sheets. 

Wait, so you're saying that the visual content isn't from 1984 like we've been led to believe?!?

• Like 8

This is my first comment on the 2017 show based on what I saw in California.  As of right now I don''t see this show placing well, however, as accurate as I have been in the past, this is the first show in a long time that I believe is showing Phantom adapting to the current DCI approved model.  My first instinct was that of a High School show...That changed the more I watched.

I also see significant changes coming that will indeed impact this show in a positive way.  

Given the recent tragic accident and loss of one of our Phamily members I believe the kids and staff will perform like never before.

Prayers go out to the family of our lost member...We honor your devotion and dedication.  You will always be remembered!

Edited by Phantombari1
additions
  • Like 8

watching the Phantom show on youtube

must be dashed difficult doing guard work wearing a veil/hijab during opener

amp'd hornline is a bit thick-

so much synth...

such a different look/sound for Phantom -

4 hours ago, Polonius said:

watching the Phantom show on youtube

must be dashed difficult doing guard work wearing a veil/hijab during opener

amp'd hornline is a bit thick-

so much synth...

such a different look/sound for Phantom -

Looking forward to seeing them this weekend...not sure i am going to like all the synth