Phantom Regiment 2017

2 hours ago, Land_Surfer said:

It would not surprise me in the least if the recent creative trends deployed in DCI shows are more for the benefit of the design staff than the marching members.  

I've always said this. Design trends and choices are made to feed the egos of designers. It's quite the interesting dynamic when you think about it

• Like 5

Good competition this season between Phantom Regiment and the Blue Knights. Both with contrasting shows and styles too this summer. I can envision no real substantive separation point spreads between the two of them all the way to Finals. We'll see however. My hunch, in the end, Phantom Regiment wins this competition between the two. Visual/ Guard is so important, and Phantom has the edge here between the two, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Quite the lineup in Little Rock tonight.  I'm anxious to see how Regiment is progressing with solid rehearsal days and chances to make corrections.  

Harvey

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CajunMamma said:

There are some minor changes, according to my son when I asked.

posted from the DrumScorps app

That's fine with me! I want to see less changes and more cleaning, thats what's this particular corps really needs. Hope your son is having a great summer!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CajunMamma said:

There are some minor changes, according to my son when I asked.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I watched a recent rehearsal video.  One of the minor changes took out part of the drill where I could always find my boy (former student).  Now I have to search for him again haha.  Glad your son is having the time of his life.  So is my student.  Can't wait to see the show again in Nashville on Friday!

• Like 1