Phantom Regiment 2017

As those alumni who came before you...leave your heart on that field and the score will take care of itself. SUTA brothers and sisters! 

• Like 4

On 8/16/2016 at 3:28 AM, Cappybara said:

Well, someone posted about PR in the Staff merri-go-round thread so I thought I might as well create the topic for next year's corps.

Do you think there will be any staff changes?

What type of music do you think they should take on?

Something modern 

12 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Like what? Like PR 2010? Or like Blue Knights 2017?

(legit question - I'd like to hear)

I can't speak for War Eagle, but I do think they need to focus on finding a good show theme that fits their identity without it being stale. And while the classical music isn't necessarily a problem, I'd appreciate if they'd expand their boundaries even more and looked at stuff like concert band and brass band music as part of their repertoire.

All this is material for the PR 2018 thread, however. I have my own personal suggestions, of course, but let's not worry about them until Sunday or so.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Like what? Like PR 2010? Or like Blue Knights 2017?

(legit question - I'd like to hear)

I actually don't think a 2010 as being that modern although most would  think it is. I think it's one of the best shows ever    I don't think it gets the recognition it deserves and I think Myron's drill was brilliant.   One of the things I like most about it was it was a single piece of music    So to answer your question yes something like that would be  A good selection.  I wonder whether Pitts' work, being so ingrained in the Phantom style, could adapt to that kind of writing.  

I like that they're getting away from telling a story and would like to see them carry that further 

Edited by war eagle
  • Like 3

Score drop aside, I though Regiment really brought it tonight, gave me some goosebumps and had a great crowd reaction to the closer.   So impressed with the growth from Stanford to Finals & the members & staff should be proud.  

I hope the retention rate with members & staff is great & this is a foundational year with good things to come.  Best Regiment program since Turandot for me.  Well done!

Harvey

Edited by TexasPRfan
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, TexasPRfan said:

I hope the retention rate with members & staff is great & this is a foundational year with good things to come.  Best Regiment program since Turandot for me.  Well done!

This is my hope as well, along with keeping the design team intact (unless you can get Shaw and Rennick back :1_grinning:).

Great show, and something to be proud of. My best "feelings" about this corps to start the postseason in a while...

• Like 2