Phantom Regiment 2017

Well, someone posted about PR in the Staff merri-go-round thread so I thought I might as well create the topic for next year's corps.

Do you think there will be any staff changes?

What type of music do you think they should take on?

• Like 1

The drill wasn't the disaster I thought it'd be this year, but they still need a real designer. I don't think they pay their staff much (I don't know this for certain, it just seems that way to me since all their new hires are 'amateur'-ish), so it'd probably have to be somebody who isn't yet well established and is willing to do the job without a big payment.

I also wasn't as in love with the guard as some people were. Will Pitts works closely with Wes Cartwright, so dream scenario would be Wes coming in to design the guard. But that would be $$$$$$, so I'm not holding my breath.

A would also like to see a new/competent program coordinator or lead designer. Their conceptual planning seems to be their Achilles heel right now. This is the most needed change, IMO.

I hope the rest of the team sticks around - they are better than they get credit for.

I also wasn't as in love with the guard as some people were. Will Pitts works closely with Wes Cartwright, so dream scenario would be Wes coming in to design the guard. But that would be $$$$$$, so I'm not holding my breath.

If they want to use weapons, they won't go to Wes Cartwright lol. When's the last time he designed for DCI, SCV 1989??

I wondered why he is not involved in dci, his other work is great. what's the deal?

He seems very busy with BoA bands, not just Broken Arrow. Also, just to speculate, he doesn't do wgi either, so he may like his schedule freed up for the rest of the year?

• Like 1

One obvious change is that after almost a decade, the Podium Peachtree Princes of the House of Georgia are finished without an apparent heir.

The Carrollton kids, Will Pitts and David Warren, and their near neighbor Dean Patterson (Suwanee) most competently headed the conducting of PR well enough to garner 1 DCI World Championship and 2 Jim Jones Awards.

As rave reviews continue to come in for the last and completion of the David Warren video trilogy (Do You Remember How We Met? We'll Always Have Paris! and the deep-throated Voice of Promise which includes his heartfelt words of gratitude,) high standards and great attitudes have been set which 2017 must meet and surpass. Literally big shoes to fill will not be easy but PR has already cast a wide net for the succession. Question is will the candidate have to move to Georgia first?

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

Not sure how I feel yet. 2016 was absolutely lovely and fine. But they were staring 9th down the barrel until they managed to pull away from Blue Stars just a little in finals week.

Once again, they need some fresh blood in the program coordination department. Something I think a lot of us have been saying for 4 seasons. Thought Pitts arranging was refreshing though, that was nice.

Edited by DrumManTx