Phantom Regiment 2017

Good competition this season between Phantom Regiment and the Blue Knights. Both with contrasting shows and styles too this summer. I can envision no real substantive separation point spreads between the two of them all the way to Finals. We'll see however. My hunch, in the end, Phantom Regiment wins this competition between the two. Visual/ Guard is so important, and Phantom has the edge here between the two, imo.

Sorry... the photo was clear. Didn't upload well I suppose.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Posted this on the show thread but I loveeee where their brass and guard scores are going right now :inlove:

• Like 4

Seems like the late season surge magic is starting to kick in?  Great to see the very competitive placement in some captions, indeed.  I haven't seen the show live since Stanford.  Can't wait for Allentown to see the progression.  It's odd how all the naysayers about adding Wes to lead the guard program seem to be getting quiet as there scoring and placement have risen...  :innocent:

Also great to see the comments about members having a great time.  Here's to hoping that momentum carries into next season, with a lot of returning vets!

Harvey

• Like 3

Just now, TexasPRfan said:

Seems like the late season surge magic is starting to kick in?  Great to see the very competitive placement in some captions, indeed.  I haven't seen the show live since Stanford.  Can't wait for Allentown to see the progression.  It's odd how all the naysayers about adding Wes to lead the guard program seem to be getting quiet as there scoring and placement have risen...  :innocent:

Also great to see the comments about members having a great time.  Here's to hoping that momentum carries into next season, with a lot of returning vets!

Harvey

I think we've gotten more personal anecdotes of members enjoying their seasons on the Phantom thread than any of the other corps threads I've seen. Really nice to get that first hand look. 

Oh and of course thank you to @xandandl for all the pictures 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I think we've gotten more personal anecdotes of members enjoying their seasons on the Phantom thread than any of the other corps threads I've seen. Really nice to get that first hand look. 

Oh and of course thank you to @xandandl for all the pictures 

Thank you for the thank you.

I have a distant Irish cousin in their line this year. Any of the photos aren't meant to be mocking but "payback" to my cousin's friends evidently known for their sense of humor and bus pranks. This summer has definitely brought them closer.

I am sitting on a really good PR joke before Cappy signs off for school. (???) Meanwhile he's already filled two equipment trucks with his stuff and DCP notes.:sigh:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TexasPRfan said:

It's odd how all the naysayers about adding Wes to lead the guard program seem to be getting quiet as there scoring and placement have risen...  :innocent:

And all the people who complained about the small, amped hornline.

Frankly, my only suggestion for Phantom next season (besides keeping everyone on staff and retaining vets) is to add a few members to the hornline and cut a few members from the guard. While the music arrangements are great and visual package is the best they've had in several years, they just need to fill out the brass sound a bit more. It's felt a bit empty throughout the season.

In the meantime, here's hoping Phantom continues to surge and perhaps challenge the Cadets for 7th!

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 3