Phantom Regiment 2017

4 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

I'm actually lower than my age out weight. Granted, loads of personal reasons why, but I'm physically and probably emotionally healthier than I was at that age.

!!!! Weigh to go !!!!

Will Phantom be wearing the knee high boots?  I surely hope so.  They really finish the look.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, war eagle said:

Will Phantom be wearing the knee high boots?  I surely hope so.  They really finish the look.

In fact will the corps actually wear boots or will what we see in the drawing be a type of legging/spat going over the pants cuff and shoe?

Seems expensive for the MMs to have separate shoes only for one or two parades/exhibitions.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, xandandl said:

In fact will the corps actually wear boots or will what we see in the drawing be a type of legging/spat going over the pants cuff and shoe?

Seems expensive for the MMs to have separate shoes only for one or two parades/exhibitions.

plus, marching in boots would suck b###s 

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

7 hours ago, xandandl said:

Who of us is still at tour weight, Ghost?  

Ahhh, ghost.

Quite a bit below tour weight, Ironman training will do that.

3 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Quite a bit below tour weight, Ironman training will do that.

Ironmen were a drum corps from UP Michigan if I remember correctly....sez one who's not had the same result.

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

Will needs to do some PT with the corps!

The TV commercials have a Geico commercial based on the double meaning of Fire AT Will.  I guess this is another example.

On 6/7/2017 at 5:09 PM, DrumManTx said:

Carolina Crown almost won in 2015 with a pretty fully "classical" show outside of the Copland Organarrow-10x10.png Symphony......and I don't think they chopped it up either.  I still believe it's not what you do but how you do it.  I've seen some REALLY bad shows that seem like they're pandering to what people think are the accepted things from the judging community fall really flat.  

I hear ya, however Crown isn't tied to any particular type of music....which is where I see the issue with Phantom. That has been illustrated by the corps endless reworks of pieces they've already played.  Today it seems shows aren't carried by music and marching alone but by some sort of story line and or gimmicky on field display.  When I see what the Bluecoats did last year It will be very difficult (IMO) for them to come close to the same results without a very different but appealing on field display. It's hard to be innovative year after year.  Especially with a show like that.

BD was only beaten by a more innovative prop design (IMO).  Not taking anything away from Bluecoats.

• Like 1