Phantom Regiment 2017

LOVE what I see/hear so far!  The Khach 3rd Symphony is a REAL closer!  -- BUT.... IF IT WERE ME (and it's not) being a musician for over 30 yrs - studied organ/brass etc,  "I" would take reference to THIS recording

starting at min mark 17;34 - bits/pieces can be put together and the use of MIDI, synthesizer and/or sampling of the "organ" part would be THE MOST fitting ending to this piece and would show off the brass, percussion and pit iin a canon type effect!  Just my take on what I heard from the concert in the park -- this is a great piece of music and IMHO 'Only' Phantom can pull off something this dark & sinister (with maybe the exception of "crown").  I say ADD some organ parts .....  and, maybe, just MAYBE a huge tarp concealing the corps at the very end.........   WOW!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, PRPhan4ever said:

LOVE what I see/hear so far!  The Khach 3rd Symphony is a REAL closer!  -- BUT.... IF IT WERE ME (and it's not) being a musician for over 30 yrs - studied organ/brass etc,  "I" would take reference to THIS recording

starting at min mark 17;34 - bits/pieces can be put together and the use of MIDI, synthesizer and/or sampling of the "organ" part would be THE MOST fitting ending to this piece and would show off the brass, percussion and pit iin a canon type effect!  Just my take on what I heard from the concert in the park -- this is a great piece of music and IMHO 'Only' Phantom can pull off something this dark & sinister (with maybe the exception of "crown").  I say ADD some organ parts .....  and, maybe, just MAYBE a huge tarp concealing the corps at the very end.........   WOW!!!!!!!

I agree about the showing needing to end on a dark note. Don't like it as it is rn. 

• Like 1

It shouldn't/couldn't be THAT hard to add some organ to the end... as it is presented now the ending 'as is' seems a bit TOO 'upbeat' an ending when the show is (from my take) being about darkness etc ... ending needs work, but, as is true to Phantom -- they always do some 'tweeking' & re-writes!    12 Contras/tubas?  For a dark show more bass is needed, especially in the Khachaturian - I just hope & pray they don't over amplify the bass if they use some samples/audio... it would be justified if it were the pedal notes of the organ part.... we shall see!    I sat for 2 hours and listened to the concert video (audio only) as I reviewed the original orchestral score -- marked the parts they used, and formulated this opinion (and it IS ONLY THAT - an opinion).  Will Pitts is extremely talented and has written some wonderful wind ensemble scores (which I own) and he is well familiar with what is expected from the usual troupe and the legendary 'regiment sound'.   Change the ending with some additions.... it'll be just like 2008!   WINNER, WINNER !!

4 minutes ago, PRPhan4ever said:

It shouldn't/couldn't be THAT hard to add some organ to the end... as it is presented now the ending 'as is' seems a bit TOO 'upbeat' an ending when the show is (from my take) being about darkness etc ... ending needs work, but, as is true to Phantom -- they always do some 'tweeking' & re-writes!    12 Contras/tubas?  For a dark show more bass is needed, especially in the Khachaturian - I just hope & pray they don't over amplify the bass if they use some samples/audio... it would be justified if it were the pedal notes of the organ part.... we shall see!    I sat for 2 hours and listened to the concert video (audio only) as I reviewed the original orchestral score -- marked the parts they used, and formulated this opinion (and it IS ONLY THAT - an opinion).  Will Pitts is extremely talented and has written some wonderful wind ensemble scores (which I own) and he is well familiar with what is expected from the usual troupe and the legendary 'regiment sound'.   Change the ending with some additions.... it'll be just like 2008!   WINNER, WINNER !!

Well, Will Pitts died at the end of 2008 if y'all recall.:unsure:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, xandandl said:

Ironmen were a drum corps from UP Michigan if I remember correctly....sez one who's not had the same result.

I believe you may be thinking of the Iron Brigade from Madison Heights, MI (my first corps). The Blue Notes were from the UP.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

45 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I believe you may be thinking of the Iron Brigade from Madison Heights, MI (my first corps). The Blue Notes were from the UP.

God bless Ishpeming!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

plus, marching in boots would suck b###s 

they sure look like boots in the rendering.  the kind i ware as a kid with straps and rings sewn on.

Seeing the picture of all that sound equipment, I'd love to think they are using a serious digital organ this year, unlike the mickey mouse thing they used in the Paris show.  I'd love to hear a good digital organ incorporated in the show.  This is what a digital organ can sound like.  In case you're not familiar him, Cameron is known as the bad boy of the organ. And his digitally designed organs are referred to as Lucifer of the organ.  It's amazing how it can imitate the sound and feel of a tracker instrument and even the chiff of the wood pipes is so good.

Edited by war eagle

3 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

There used to be several small corps on the UP.

4 hours ago, war eagle said:

Seeing the picture of all that sound equipment, I'd love to think they are using a serious digital organ this year, unlike the mickey mouse thing they used in the Paris show.  I'd love to hear a good digital organ incorporated in the show.  This is what a digital organ can sound like.  In case you're not familiar him, Cameron is known as the bad boy of the organ. And his digitally designed organs are referred to as Lucifer of the organ.  It's amazing how it can imitate the sound and feel of a tracker instrument and even the chiff of the wood pipes is so good.

That is one talented man.