Phantom Regiment 2017

2 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Agreed. Saw the mics backfield. Thought it was for solos, until the ballad became so loud in the theater people were actually holding their ears. 

It was unnatural and pretty loud live too.

Did they changes the rules, when? Last I recall they could only mic small ensembles, 12 people in the brass

Amplifying the entire hornline makes no sense, why not turn down the pit; the batteries were not expanded so they shouldn’t be a problem? What happened to balance, dynamics, listening and blend, are they not musicians anymore? I’ve yet to hear a battery that sounded good through the amps, the Bluecoats drums sounded so dirty at the start of their show last year, even at finals.

I don’t trust them to get this right

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gak27 said:

This, I do not like.

I thought  that the hornline looked a little smaller, then I was told by someone there they heard hornline coming through the monitors.   So frustrating.  

19424089_10209533772116871_5105893836759this just hit Facebook......

• Like 6

I FREAKING LOVE THOSE UNIFORMS

• Like 2

Really like the new uniforms, I think the quasi-boot they have is a great look and I like the beefy top on it (also knowing that they may be removing part at some point during the show?). I hope those guard uniforms breath pretty well, they would seem like torture otherwise. 

• Like 1

I like the effort to be more broadway-like in design while still remaining Phantom. Cavaliers have done the same. Some of the stuff seems built to read from a great distance, but will look pretty exaggerated up close, but that's the nature of theatre.

1 hour ago, mrjaydub said:

I like the new digs, but that guard... in the outdoor heat of summer... tough.

1 hour ago, Jagula said:

Really like the new uniforms, I think the quasi-boot they have is a great look and I like the beefy top on it (also knowing that they may be removing part at some point during the show?). I hope those guard uniforms breath pretty well, they would seem like torture otherwise. 

From my understanding, the guard changes uniforms in the show.