What are you looking forward to this summer? Go

The huge ### snow cone at Allentown

More generally though, I want to see how corps will respond in a post-Downside Up world

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Warm weather.  LOL.

I'll take a hot and humid Baltimore summer (and trust me, Baltimore is a humidity machine during a typical summer :tongue:) any day over shoveling snow and chipping ice.

you can always put on a sweater (even over Hawaiian shirts) and outer layers; you can't always take them off. :tongue: :tongue:

15 minutes ago, xandandl said:

you are marching? That's cool. What spot?

Euphonium. After I got cut as drum major, I sent in a video audition for a euphonium spot (they had only Bari/euph and tuba spots available at the time. My primary instrument is trumpet) and got a contract. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Oh come on! I live in DC and we barely had any snow lol. I wanted a blizzard lol...

I hear ya, we didn't get much this winter either. Best winter since I've lived here!!! LOL

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

Euphonium. After I got cut as drum major, I sent in a video audition for a euphonium spot (they had only Bari/euph and tuba spots available at the time. My primary instrument is trumpet) and got a contract. 

Keep pumping those abs before ST and doing those push-ups; and after awhile, that Buick will feel like a feather.

and no fantasies about one of the podium people having a burst appendix and you jumping in to save the day while not missing a beat. Being in the line will bring you a great summer of experience, so if you are ever Suta-ble for your dream position, you'll have a deeper appreciation and awareness to bring to that podium. Have a great season.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Keep pumping those abs before ST and doing those push-ups; and after awhile, that Buick will feel like a feather.

and no fantasies about one of the podium people having a burst appendix and you jumping in to save the day while not missing a beat. Being in the line will bring you a great summer of experience, so if you are ever Suta-ble for your dream position, you'll have a deeper appreciation and awareness to bring to that podium. Have a great season.

Yes, sir!

Touring with THE ACADEMY, and attending six shows through No. & So. Calif.  Attending my first DCI World Championships in Lucas Oil Stadium, Indy in August....WhoooHooo.

• Like 4

1. My son's first year in DCI, marching with the Cavaliers. 
2. Two shows this summer that are within 5 miles of my house, with Cavaliers marching in both of them! A hand-delivered bonus thanks to the DCI South move this year. 
3. Keeping tabs on Atlanta CV in their 20th Anniversary Season in DCA. My son marched the last two years with them ( Euphonium soloist last year)  and that crew is now like family to us! 
4. Opening night in the theater. 
5. My first trip to Lucas Oil Stadium to see Semifinals and Finals. 
6. Hopefully a week-long stint on the road with Cavies as a volunteer with my wife. We're trying to work that out now. 
7. Taking our kid off the field in Indy and getting him straight to Jacksonville State University where he's starting his freshman year, and will be a few days late for Freshman Band Camp. 
8. Relaxing when it's all over. 

• Like 4

I'm looking forward to Allentown and Indy because it's my vacation and if I'm ready for vacation now, I'll be more than ready at that point. I'm flying to Indy, with enough time to hit the Indiana State Fair, where you run into tons of drum corps fans. 

July 4th in the Boston area has lots of drum corps action and this year should be no different.

I'm looking forward to seeing Boston Crusaders. I'm also curious to see Academy and how they'll fare and I'd like to see Madison return to finals although like everyone I don't want to see anyone fall, but that's a debate for another thread. I'm also curious to see how Genesis makes out in WC.

• Like 1