Internship

Hey everyone!

So this year I'm interning with a world class drum corps (I'm not saying who so that y'all don't harrass me about show info). I'll be one of the merchandising interns and was just wondering if anyone with drum corps experience or interning with a drum corps could give me advice to be successful in my job or on tour in general? I've never been on a drum corps tour before so any insights about things that I wouldn't have thought about before would be a huge help. Thanks!

49 minutes ago, Bloofanboy95 said:

Hey everyone!

So this year I'm interning with a world class drum corps (I'm not saying who so that y'all don't harrass me about show info). I'll be one of the merchandising interns and was just wondering if anyone with drum corps experience or interning with a drum corps could give me advice to be successful in my job or on tour in general? I've never been on a drum corps tour before so any insights about things that I wouldn't have thought about before would be a huge help. Thanks!

At our show, and at most of the TEP shows AFAIK, the first souvie truck to the gate gets the best positioning at the show.

Be early, and don't run out of stuff.  Contact EVERY show host well in advance and ask how they want to set up.  TEP's don't surprises, either.

We've had souvie crews put up their own flat tables in the parking lot to fold shirts, set up and stock the trailers and tents, as early as noon for a 6pm show. 

• Like 1

Start off by asking the PIC what your duties will be and how they want things done.  Always be available to help, put the phone away, and be happy.  Most souvie trailers are tight so be aware of your associates and scan the crowd for someone looking like they need assistance.  Know your product line.  If it's a ground area "tent", it will also be crowded so give people space.  They can see the prices.  If not busy, straighten up the shelves.  Have fun and oh yeah, know your product line.

Edited by Ghost

6 hours ago, Bloofanboy95 said:

Hey everyone!

Don't forget to order enough bigger sizes...they always run out by Allentown or sooner...besides the crowd is on the bigger PLUS size these days...haha

Thanks everyone for the advice! I appreciate and maybe I'll see some of you down the road!