In 2020 the Las Vegas Raiders new stadium is supposed to be done.

It will have a roof. I have not heard for sure the type of turf they are planning. The venue would likely be more affordable than the new Rams stadium in the LA area, and I thought I read in one of the many articles about the Raiders move that the stadium operators hope to hold more events than just 8 regular season and 2 pre season NFL games.

I am not suggesting Finals will move from Indy, but if Atlanta is too expensive and the Raiders venue is more reasonable, that would be an option for a large show, though the tour would need to be revamped for an event with all the World Class corps. If finals ever did leave Indy, though, this new stadium may get a serious look.

Even a show with all corps west of the Rockies plus a couple midwest/eastern corps the first week of July would draw a good crowd.  Geography is the 800 lb gorilla (besides $$$). but otherwise this new stadium looks like it would meet the criteria that San Antonio and the former Georgia Dome met for an indoor event where everyone could perform for seeding purposes.  Hotel rooms would not be an issue.

Edited by wolfgang
  • Like 1

While the new Raiders stadium might be enclosed, the rehearsal facilities at all of the housing sites will be outside. The average daytime temperature for July and August in Las Vegas is 103* – 106*.  So to me, bad idea.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stu said:

The average daytime temperature for July and August in Las Vegas is 103* – 106*.  So to me, bad idea.

So you believe DCI should cancel the July show in Mesa, AZ, which has a slightly higher average temperature?

I would rather rehearse in 103 degrees and very low humidity in Vegas than 95 degrees, much higher humidity, and higher heat index in Houston.  Vegas weather is more bearable for most people than the tropical humidity of the deep south.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wolfgang said:

Geography is the 800 lb gorilla (besides $$$). but otherwise this new stadium looks like it would meet the criteria that San Antonio and the former Georgia Dome met for an indoor event where everyone could perform for seeding purposes.  Hotel rooms would not be an issue.

You are forgetting one of the criteria - fan base.  DCI will not (and should not) rearrange the entire tour to put one of the WC seeding weekends in a location without an established, demonstrable fan base.  Pasadena, Stanford or Santa Clara would make more sense for an event of that scale.

• Like 1

I will never go to Las Vegas in August.

• Like 1

"In the Year 2525...." :tongue:

• Like 1

Maybe if the title show is in Vegas, the DCI event could be in the sports book.

"I'll take Blue Devils and the points for $25..."  LOL

1 minute ago, Fran Haring said:

Maybe if the title show is in Vegas, the DCI event could be in the sports book.

"I'll take Blue Devils and the points for $25..."  LOL

If you thought judging conspiracies were bad now.... :)

• Like 1

I used to live 90 miles from Vegas.  Dry heat baloney!  Talk about dehydration problems and heat exhaustion!  I'm sorry, but with kids having to walk outside for blocks in full uniform to get to the stadium is just cruel.  When you live there, you try to stay indoors as much as possible in the summer.  I can't see that happening with all the corps needing HSs to stay at and rehearsing outside.

• Like 1