Crown = Star

11 hours ago, corpsband said:

The best observation I can make about the relationship of Crown and Star: many Star alumni have "adopted" Crown.   IMHO that speaks for itself.

i agree -- It was pretty exciting to hear that full on Medea hit for the first time.  

Crown has shied away from most of the Star repertoire.   

I'm still patiently waiting for Belshazzar's Feast.  

#### out of tune g bugles LOL

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

oh god please no

Not trying to attack you, but what do you have against Crown? Last two posts I've read from you have been negative towards them.

9 hours ago, UKSuperman said:

Not trying to attack you, but what do you have against Crown? Last two posts I've read from you have been negative towards them.

absolutely nothing - but I really don't want them doing any more Star material. 

On 3/29/2017 at 8:01 PM, DawsonBurnes said:

I know that somebody's probably brought this up before, but I haven't seen it. 

The similarities between Star and Crown are pretty weird. Here's what I've noticed:

•Star wore cream uniforms in '93 very similar to Crown's uniforms pre-2013

•Star has only won once just like Crown (at least so far). 

•Star's drum major for '93 was Matt Harloff, the brass tech for Crown. 

•Star played Medea in '93, and Crown played it as well in '16. 

Star was the crowd favorite in '93 and didn't win on finals night, just like Crown in '15

(CORRECTION: Star was not the crowd favorite)

Pretty pointless post, but just wanted to point some stuff out. If there are more similarities, let me know!

Yes, this has been talked about quite a bit on this site, and you'll probably find some more pieces of music that Star has done being performed by Crown at some point.

Of course many Star staff originally came from Cadets, so by the transitive property, Cadets = Star = Crown....  

All I want to see is Crown do some stuff from Star '90. That would be incredible....  Maybe some Porgy and Bess or something from '89 would be cool too.

26 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I dunno. Anyone ever think Blue Devils are the new Stockton Commodores? 

Good analogy, imo

I was thinking the Bluecoats might be the new Velvet Knights.. the whimsical, non traditional costuming... or perhaps the Bluecoats might be the new Empire Statesmen, going shakoless and what not.

Or alternatively, there could be little to no connection amongst these modern day Corps and Corps from decades ago, as they all were unique to themselves alone. But who knows.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1