Racine Scouts Performing In Mid-American Competing Band Directors Association

Greetings Racine Scouts Family and Followers! There has been a great deal of challenges during this off season. The challenges continue to be overcome with new ones waiting, something I’m starting to learn is the nature of the beast. Upon planning for this upcoming season, I made a resolution for the drum corps that I […]

View the full article

Good move.  Glad to see you back.  I heard the MACBDA is a great organization to be a associated with.  One question, in Racine there's a group called the Lighthouse Bridage of Racine wish is a summer marching band that competes within the MACBDA.  They've been around for years.  Both groups recruit for the same membership base.  Hopefully, this won't be a problem for the Scouts. Good luck.

On 3/31/2017 at 9:39 AM, gregory11 said:

Good move.  Glad to see you back.  I heard the MACBDA is a great organization to be a associated with.  One question, in Racine there's a group called the Lighthouse Bridage of Racine wish is a summer marching band that competes within the MACBDA.  They've been around for years.  Both groups recruit for the same membership base.  Hopefully, this won't be a problem for the Scouts. Good luck.

I believe the Scouts are partnered with a college in Iowa for this year so that might not be an issue. 

The Columbus Saints, and Lakeshoremen participated in MACBDA through SoundSport, last year and had a great time at their Finals in Whitewater. It's a great circuit that is growing again and I'd recommend it for any drum corps, SoundSport, or DCA corps who wants to add more shows to their schedule at a low cost, and get an appreciative built in audience. Who knows... if more corp get involved they might just create a class just for them :O