Nutrition on Tour

Guest Anna

Hey guys! So I'm really excited to try out for an open class corp next summer (Hopefully Blue Devils B, but we'll see how it goes) and I'm starting to really crack down on my nutrition and workout routine. It got me thinking of what kind of food you eat on tour. I'm sure it will vary over different corps but generally speaking what kind of food do they give you? Is it possible to march DCI and be vegan? Thx guys :)

On 4/5/2017 at 7:29 AM, Guest Anna said:

Hey guys! So I'm really excited to try out for an open class corp next summer (Hopefully Blue Devils B, but we'll see how it goes) and I'm starting to really crack down on my nutrition and workout routine. It got me thinking of what kind of food you eat on tour. I'm sure it will vary over different corps but generally speaking what kind of food do they give you? Is it possible to march DCI and be vegan? Thx guys :)

Most corps provide for that option if they are an experienced tour staff. BUT they do have concerns:  are you getting enough  protein for your body weight, age, and practice demands?  Have you spoken with your doctor about what you should or could be eating? For instance, are you following an approved diet plan or just leaving out certain things?  Have you discussed your health and medical needs and preferences with professionals and certified nutritionists or just what friends say? If the cooking truck breaks down or meals are delayed, do you have a back-up plan?  What happens at the nightly truck stops where food options may not be as ample as a supermarket nor as nourishing in selection?  It's all possible but takes some planning as most corps lean to a high carbohydrate diet wit, a bit more protein than usual; good corps offer more than PB&J.

you'll get a sense of your corps' offerings at camps and auditions you have attended. Many corps eat more substantially on tour. Let your tour staff know before ST begins and far before tour sets out. Have a great summer.

Edited by xandandl