Pick Any Show Throughout All Time and Eternity That You Wish You Saw Live

1978 SCV at Finals. The show that got me hooked on DCI.

1984 Garfield WSS. Lived in England back then and couldn't get over that year. 

Given today's news, I'm trying to remember: wasn't there a show in which the whole corps shouted "Vive la France!" at the end of a movement?

On 5/7/2017 at 5:14 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Given today's news, I'm trying to remember: wasn't there a show in which the whole corps shouted "Vive la France!" at the end of a movement?

92 Phantom. Wish SCV had kept their early season design in place for finals that year. Judges hated it so the final product is what it was. Still fantastic come Finals, but man it was much cooler in July. 

As far as the "those people that were in Jackson in 93 probably wouldn't be as hyped about 93 star" comment prior... there were clearly 2 trains of thought with that show at the time. I bailed after Phantom, and never ended up seeing Star or Cadets at finals. I wasn't much of a fan of 93 star until much later when I was able to appreciate it for where it took the activity, but I saw it plenty that season. That was the last time the old 2 valve bugles were used in DCI.

1993 Star of Indiana. I DID see it live, but I was so closed-minded. It wasn't until maybe the mid-2000s that I realized the absolute brilliance of every single element in this show. Now, it is my single favorite show in DCI history. Really too bad I had zero appreciation for it when I did see it live.

Edited by henry7184