How would you breathe life into Indy?

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I take it Sturgis is not in the midwest?

We only let the Dakotas call themselves "Midwest" if they let us ride the horses and herd the bison.

They can keep the loud two-wheelers, IMO.

In Indy, all that noise is reflected off of the city's concrete and steel center.

Bison don't reflect sound.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

A good way to rejuvenate Indy is to sign on FloMarching to produce DCI live streams, which due to their quality will force people to attend shows in person again.

:whistle:

As long as I live in PA I will not go to indy. Allentown in many ways is a better experience IMO.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, cowtown said:

I’ve not done Broad Ripple, how far is that away, do they have shuttle from Downtown? Is it open late enough to make the trip?

It's about ten miles Broad Ripple to downtown.  I know of no shuttle but we used our Uber app three times last year and it was very inexpensive.   Broad Ripple stays open late.  It's hipster heaven.  

23 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

If you sing those songs backwards, you get your girlfriend back, your job back, and your dog back.  ;-)

Brings to mind an old Borscht Belt joke:

Q) What do the veterinarian and the taxidermist have in common?
A) Either way, you get your dog back!!! :lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, garfield said:

Don't forget that the LOUDEST gathering of motorcycles in the Midwest, right around fountain square.  Unbelievable crowds, packed bars, long waits for food if you can find it...  

Hotel bars are the best option and, if you want that experience, you'll need to pay up to stay at one of the downtown hotels and hope there's food nearby.

The biker gatherings were due to the Moto GP race that used to be at Indianapolis Motor Speedway the same weekend as DCI Finals. 

Indy is no longer a stop on the Moto GP calendar. 

Crisis averted.

• Like 1