How would you breathe life into Indy?

Unlimited funds huh...Ill play.

I would start with a larger piece of material against the opposite seats.  I would prefer something that leaves some room for echo, but ensures that we dont get a smeared sound that domes tend to provide.

FREE WIFI 

Create an app that is only available to ticketholders.  

*It would provide a scoresheet to score the corps yourself.

*A livestream to FloMarching that will let you choose between high cam and field view, so you dont miss out just because you missed out on the nicer seats.

*A chat that allows fans to communicate only with the other fans in the stadium.

*The app would also give rundown of all aspects of the corps show from repertoire to staff and exclusive director interviews.

* The app will give a live view of corps horn arcs and lot videos.

*Add special offers that gives discounts off of different products in the concourse.

Added sound dampening between concourse and stadium seating.

Chuck Henson announcing.

I want drones.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

The biker gatherings were due to the Moto GP race that used to be at Indianapolis Motor Speedway the same weekend as DCI Finals. 

Indy is no longer a stop on the Moto GP calendar. 

Crisis averted.

Yay!!!!  We can walk downtown for, what, the first time?

Hot dog.  Now I'm kinda glad I'm staying downtown.

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

Yay!!!!  We can walk downtown for, what, the first time?

Hot dog.  Now I'm kinda glad I'm staying downtown.

You have to wonder if staying downtown is what's causing a lot of folks to be "bored" ? 

I stay out a bit past the airport (and therefore have a vehicle).  Started doing that to be closer to Avon (for obvious reasons) but I think being mobile (like you normally are in "real life") might be an advantage.

I've stayed downtown and the best thing about it was walking to the stadium.  

My walk is not any longer when I park in the lot directly in front of the stadium.  Never had an issue getting a spot there.  

Oh and some very nice properties are a lot more affordable.

• Like 1

Get out of town and go hiking at a state park: McCormick's Creek in Spencer, Brown County in Nashville, or Turkey Run near Marshall.

Trail 6 at Turkey Run is a favorite. Wear old sneakers as some of the trail wanders through an active creek.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

Wear old sneakers as some of the trail wanders through an active creek.

And don't forget the water proof socks or ducks.    

Edited by Ghost

Staying within the spirit of the topic, I would invest unlimited money into Indy's (non-existent) night life.

Just absolutely revamp the whole thing.  Create venues/bars/etc. that will actually cultivate some kind of night life for that city.

Concentrate it on a single district (rework an existing one or start from zero), throw in 4-5 hotels within mere blocks of each other with businesses specifically catered to hosting evening activities liberally sprinkled in.

Basically invest in bringing that town to life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geluf said:

Staying within the spirit of the topic, I would invest unlimited money into Indy's (non-existent) night life.

Just absolutely revamp the whole thing.  Create venues/bars/etc. that will actually cultivate some kind of night life for that city.

Concentrate it on a single district (rework an existing one or start from zero), throw in 4-5 hotels within mere blocks of each other with businesses specifically catered to hosting evening activities liberally sprinkled in.

Basically invest in bringing that town to life.

Indy is in Indiana.  People work hard.  The don't stay awake to experience a night-life because they have to get up and go to work in the morning.

Indiana life? 

Maybe move finals to a place like Madison. That would probably help indy.