How would you breathe life into Indy?

I miss the parade of corps.  It was nice seeing drum corps parade around town.  I know this hasn't happened in several years.

6 hours ago, lameisrob said:

People who think Indianapolis is boring have never left their hotels or Lucas Oil Stadium.  My only suggestion would to let restaurants and bars stay open later Friday and Saturday nights and maybe make deals with local cab companies for better rates.  Since 95% of hotels are Marriott owned property, don't expect any price deals.  Shuttle buses to get fans greater ease to see other parts of the city would be a cost benefit and a win-win for local businesses.  I'll admit I love Indy after living there two years (even before the downtown boom), but I understand the city needs to work more on expanding visitors' experience.      

Disagree. I go twice every year, and it's a pretty dull city when it comes to repeat visits. Mass Ave. is fun the first two or three times, but let's face it, most cities have a bar strip like it. Same goes for neighborhoods like Broad Ripple and Fountain Square. There are some nice parks and museums, but nothing that's really a must see every visit. One thing Indy does have going for it, is that it's cheap.

Not saying it's a hellish place to visit, but I can see why those planning their trips to Finals in conjunction with their summer vacation wouldn't be particularly thrilled at going to Indy every year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dcsnare93 said:

Disagree. I go twice every year, and it's a pretty dull city when it comes to repeat visits. Mass Ave. is fun the first two or three times, but let's face it, most cities have a bar strip like it. Same goes for neighborhoods like Broad Ripple and Fountain Square. There are some nice parks and museums, but nothing that's really a must see every visit. One thing Indy does have going for it, is that it's cheap.

Not saying it's a hellish place to visit, but I can see why those planning their trips to Finals in conjunction with their summer vacation wouldn't be particularly thrilled at going to Indy every year.

Indy's new slogan should be "Not a hellish place to visit."

• Like 4

We are looking at this wrong.

Let's face it, most of us are drum corps freaks and would go to Finals even if they were held in the absolute most boring place, so while it would be nice if 

I brought the same friends to Finals every year that it's been in Indy, and those friends have gotten bored, so they aren't coming this year. Instead, I'm bringing my son for the first time. So it's going to be new to him. I am excited to show him around. 

• Like 1