How would you breathe life into Indy?

I live in the Chicago area so I believe I've been to every big show held in Indianapolis in a dome.  I'm burned out but I have no excuses since I live so close. I keep switching hotels just to spice it up a little.  I've been to Broad Ripple and it's fun.  I've went to the zoo and the state park.  If I get really bored, I may have to go to the children's museum.   JK.   

28 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Why are we stuck with Indy?  Bring it to Nashville, at the Bridgestone Arena.  Within blocks you can walk to tons and tons of live music venues, great restaurants, the Schermerhorn Symphony Center, The Country Music Hall of Fame, and so many awesome things to see that you can't visit it all. 

How do you propose to fit a 57,600 square foot football field into a 43,000 square foot space?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Indy is just so boring, one of the most boring places I've ever visited lol 

The flat earth there is what starts "the plains" stretching for quite a few states and giving us the apt description, "plain."

1 hour ago, Precious Roy said:

Perhaps this is an angle DCI could take. Each year, pick a side attraction a small drive away from the oil can venue, and highlight that in the ads for finals. Perhaps work out some group discounts. Tim K mentioned the State Fair. There's the speedway, which has tours, museum, and racing experience. On google maps, I see a Children's Museum and Art Museum just north of town (but still within the I-465 loop). I'm sure there are other places, of various levels of "kitsch." I'm sure some travel agency would love to become the "official excursion supplier of DCI" and plan the transportation logistics for those that don't have their own transportation while in town.

Of course, this could potentially take people away from attending prelims and semis, especially the early corps, so I'm not sure how to handle that. 

Didn't quite do so well when DCi was able to get DCI Atlanta sponsored by a not to far away Georgia county's tourist board.

53 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Why are we stuck with Indy?  Bring it to Nashville, at the Bridgestone Arena.  Within blocks you can walk to tons and tons of live music venues, great restaurants, the Schermerhorn Symphony Center, The Country Music Hall of Fame, and so many awesome things to see that you can't visit it all. 

Oh please, not Country "Music" about who's divorced, why it's raining, the depressive side of life for the depressed, drunk, and down and outs. Drum Corps has already suffered enough already. 

Just now, RetiredMusTeach said:

OK so use Nissan Stadium.  Great venue, even if it is outdoors. And right across the river from downtown.

and it occasionally floods as the Tennessee Titans have learned several times.

Just now, xandandl said:

Oh please, not Country "Music" about who's divorced, why it's raining, the depressive side of life for the depressed, drunk, and down and outs. Drum Corps has already suffered enough already. 

We are so past that!  You evidently haven't been to Nashville anytime recently.  Jazz, a great symphony, and just many family-oriented places to visit.  Your description is from 20 years ago.

• Like 2

Just now, xandandl said:

If you sing those songs backwards, you get your girlfriend back, your job back, and your dog back.  ;-)

• Like 5