DCI Partners with FloMarching......

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

It was stupid beyond belief for DCI to agree to a " multi year contract " with this outfit, imo. DCI should have negotiated a " one year " contract to see if they could deliver on promises, then reevaluate after the season. DCI however seems to lack business owner saavy in negotiations. Who gives an outfit with such dubious credentials such a " multi year " deal. What a lame decision.

It's reasonable to presume that the multiyear portion of the contract is dependent upon Flo meeting certain performance goals.  No contract is fixed if deliverables are failed.

• Like 2

Just now, DrumManTx said:

I just hope FloMarching improves the quality and are in talks with people in how to improve their coverage/placement for this type of setting.  If they do that I'm not opposed and the type of coverage they're promising?  Hell yes I'd love that, but I've been disappointed time and time again by the quality.  

For their sports coverage they could probably just slap up a camera and call it good but this?  It requires oh so much more and they still don't seem to get that.  

I agree. If there is any silver lining in any of this, its that Open Class corps get more needed exposure this summer, and they'll be more broadcasts ( 20 ) of the summer shows.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

It was stupid beyond belief for DCI to agree to a " multi year contract " with this outfit, imo. DCI should have negotiated a " one year " contract to see if they could deliver on promises, then reevaluate after the season. DCI however seems to lack business owner saavy in negotiations. Who gives an outfit with such dubious credentials such a " multi year " deal. What a lame decision.

While my initial reaction is the same here...In DCI's defense...they can now claim their in compliance and not complicit in the act...still SAD!

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

I agree. If there is any silver lining in any of this, its that Open Class corps get more needed exposure this summer, and they'll be more broadcasts ( 20 ) of the summer shows.

Quantity does not trump Quality...but agree more exposure is a good thing...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

It's reasonable to presume that the multiyear portion of the contract is dependent upon Flo meeting certain performance goals.  No contract is fixed if deliverables are failed.

Yeah right.. thats when lawyers get into the mix and organizatioins wind up paying thru the nose on legal fees to prove the so called " undeliverables " were not delivered as promised, or to try and wiggle out of the multi year deal. This is why it would have been FAR more preferable  for DCI to have negotiated a one year deal.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

my kid is in Dayton at WGI finals right now

In the past we would pay for just finals

Now they want a subscription $30.00 per month or $150 per year

for that price we'd BETTER get DCI finals at NO COST 

Wrong Direction

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I will say this. 

I'm now considering going to two more shows than I was going to go to.  

I planned to go to a show on wed..then thurs...skip fri..for video..then again sat...in aug...think I'm going to go to friday show now...haha

2 minutes ago, awunderlich said:

Wrong Direction

My gut feeling is this is going to be an all-around LOSS for the fans from a financial standpoint...the justification of the higher prices are going to be quantity I imagine...

I haven't used FloMarching, but I've heard horror stories. Two questions:

1) Yes or No, will I be able to stream live shows? I get quality might be a concern, but does it legitimately just shut off and/or say no service sometimes?

2) When I buy a UFC or Boxing stream or PPV, I'm buying the main event. If the main event won't play, for whatever reason, I get my money back (and have done so before, UFC's Roku app sucks). Is there any kind of guarantee on drum corps streaming?

4 minutes ago, awunderlich said:

Wrong Direction

Nope. You can pay for just one month ($30). If you had purchased before guard, you could have watched all of guard, drums, and winds for only $30.

• Like 1