DCI Partners with FloMarching......

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

You were the first posterI thought about when I read this announcement......

I'm touched (really). 

I'll guarantee that if I DO find a way around it, you'll know. You, and anyone else that knows how Google works. 

Just now, DawsonBurnes said:

Im on Facebook and I'm seeing people in SW rejoycing over this change. Sure, I'm glad there'll be more open class coverage, but the quality won't be as good as it has been.

The only positive is the greater coverage..but at what real cost!...Get ready and strap in folks for amateur hour...lol

22 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

Quote from the discussion on Reddit:

"Tom Blair will still be producing both championships week as well as the Tour Premiere in the theaters. Also, the tech people at DCI are WELL aware of the issues that Flo has had at both WGI & BOA."

Gives me some relief here.

DCI has top quality " tech people " that are... " well aware of this " ?

.DCI lost " top quality tech people " that were frustrated that DCI was not listening to them.. lol!

Edited by BRASSO

Is this a death knell for Blurays? 

If so, I don't really care that much. I haven't wanted a hard copy of more than a couple of shows per year for the past 5 years. 

I'm worried that the quality of the streams will go down since it's pretty much the only way I can watch DCI shows. 

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

The only positive is the greater coverage..but at what real cost!...Get ready and strap in folks for amateur hour...lol

Just now, BRASSO said:

DCI has top quality " tech people " that are... " well aware of this " ?

Too funny for words.. lol!

how many times did we hear that on any given streams chat line

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Liahona said:

kid used to march with Sky and hes looking for work. maybe he can take a camera

21 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

My guess, DCI signed this deal with Flo because of Flo's standing with Tresona. DCI wants a more cozy relationship with Tresona. And if potentially subpar live stream broadcast show transmittals is the tradeoff, DCI will make that Faustian Bargain.  DCI  rarely, if ever initiates policies based upon what it believes the vast majority of its small fan base wants.  if DCI believes it can have better smooth sailing for its member Corps with Tresona regarding copywrites and the timely approvals for its membership Corps, it will cut that deal. And that looks to me at first blush as to what probably occurred here. So we fans will just have to fork over our money for the Live Streams to Flo, cross our fingers, and hope Flo makes things Go for us as planned. But no, their history with these Live Streams of events does not give us much confidence at the moment with their promise of "quality delivery".

The only facts in this post are the first two words.

Treat it as such.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

I'm touched (really). 

I'll guarantee that if I DO find a way around it, you'll know. You, and anyone else that knows how Google works. 

Has Flomarching ever given a sensible response about why they only accept US subscriptions? 

From an ecommerce POV it's trivial to accept non-us payments.  

1 minute ago, garfield said:

The only facts in this post are the first two words.

Treat it as such.

I do.

But thanks for the tip.