DCI Partners with FloMarching......

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Flo from Progressive does some nice audio/visual work.  She must have been unavailable.

Flo might be marching Bluecoats again this summer... either that, or she kept the white outfit again for her TV ads.

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

They put the "F" in flosports. Well done DCI. Another home run

Yeah, even mediocre companies that have unusual amount of complaints are still able to secure accreditation by the Better Business Bureau. Companies that have lots of complaints and can't get, or lose accreditation with the BBB make it a top priority to change their culture in order to secure the BBB approval. One read of the BBB decision posted here to not renew, or not approve Flo for BBB accreditation was their alleged inability to properly handle refund requests when the company could not adequately deliver on their services that customers were expecting for their payments made.

Incidentally, a big thank you to Liahona and Corpsband here for taking the time to research Flo, and for the Buyers Beware heads up to all the fans that Flo has a terrible reputation for customer service at the moment. This is another example where DCP here can become an invaluable service to drum corps fans.... as there is no way in the world we Drum Corps fans would have read about this on the DCI website or the DCI Facebook, thats for dang sure.

Edited by BRASSO

25 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

DCI responded to me about the tour premier and Championships. Tom Blair and crew will still be producing and providing those services.  

Whew.. some good news. Good to know. It'll be interesting to see how this " partnership " actually works out in the coordination and delivery of services this summer. Also, details on pricing should be forthcoming soon according to the DCI press release. I'm personally holding off on signing up for Flo and the Live Streams until I actually get more detail on the pricing for the shows this summer. There's still not enough info on pricing at the moment to make an informed decision. All we really know for certain is that the BBB has assessed that FloMarching has a terrible and failing record for customer service at the moment.

Edited by BRASSO

I stated yesterday on here that it was " stupid beyond belief " for DCI to agree to a multi year contract with FloMarching. Now after having read the Better Business Bureau's assessment of FloMarching today, I believe that DCI really does not care about its fan base a wit. They care about its member Corps, and the fans be dammed, as there is no way DCI was not aware that Flo has this reputation for lousy service to its paying customers, ... and to go ahead then and sign a multi year contract with such a company really says a lot about DCI's lack of any real concern for its fans, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, corpsband said:

F

Sister William Bernice always wrote those in red  (not that she ever gave me one!) 

Different nun for me, same big red F.  LOL

No F for me, either... but got the ruler across the knuckles from time to time. :tongue:

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Different nun for me, same big red F.  LOL

No F for me, either... but got the ruler across the knuckles from time to time. :tongue:

Or across the palm of your hand...:cry:

2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

DCI responded to me about the tour premier and Championships. Tom Blair and crew will still be producing and providing those services.  

Does that mean we have to pay seperate for that?

20 hours ago, Lance said:

Is this a death knell for Blurays? 

If so, I don't really care that much. I haven't wanted a hard copy of more than a couple of shows per year for the past 5 years. 

I'm worried that the quality of the streams will go down since it's pretty much the only way I can watch DCI shows. 

Well, for posterity's sake, I'd like hard copies, or copied streams that can be put on long term storage. I hope flo gets better.