DCI Partners with FloMarching......

8 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Seriously: I get no skips between shows, only during shows. That is bizarre.

Yep, no skips at all while Phantom was moving out and SCV was moving on, and as soon as SCV's show started, nothing but skips.

There's no way that's a problem at my end.

2 hours ago, eightyonepointthree said:

Canceling and asking for a refund.  No DCI for me this year. 

54 minutes ago, eightyonepointthree said:

Was watching with my 7.1 denon and polk audio speakers.  Not a great sound.  

Switched to my BOSE headphones.  Still not great.

Switched to a cheap set of apple headphones and it is now almost tolerable.

The lesson is to use cheap equipment I guess.

First, so much for cancelling and no DCI for you I guess...

Second, there is no "cheap" ANYTHING when it comes to Apple. And yeah, sometimes earbuds work better for sound that a surround system.

10 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Second, there is no "cheap" ANYTHING when it comes to Apple. And yeah, sometimes earbuds work better for sound that a surround system.

They were free and the older ones, not the redesigned...free is cheap.

And if the product is bad, then indeed NO dci for me.  This is year 31 for me and our one local show and the Thursday theater show might just be all I see (unless they don't refund my money...in which case I will be ######).

Edited by eightyonepointthree

Don't cancel Flomarching yet. Give them a chance to fix what went wrong on their first drum corps event. There were sound issues for us and I'm sure Flo is just as anxious as we are to resolve them.

• Like 1

Just now, Scarlett said:

Don't cancel Flomarching yet. Give them a chance to fix what went wrong on their first drum corps event. There were sound issues for us and I'm sure Flo is just as anxious as we are to resolve them.

what do you do for flo?

22 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Apple earbuds are 30 bucks lol. 

Unless you give 0 f*cks about music quality and would rather get a $10 pair from amazon, that is very cheap for earbuds. Can't say they sound very good though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Apple earbuds are 30 bucks lol. 

Unless you give 0 f*cks about music quality and would rather get a $10 pair from amazon, that is very cheap for earbuds. Can't say they sound very good though. 

I use JVC Gumy Sports that I pick up from Walmart for $15, and they are the best sounding and most comfortable earbuds I have ever used. Certainly more than the stock Samsung ones I got with either my temporary S5 or my new S8...

6 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I haven't done so yet. I did email tech support and ask them what could be wrong and indicate that I would have to cancel if it couldn't be fixed (I paid for a year at $150, since I intended to watch some BOA feeds in the fall, too; they can keep one-month's worth of that, i.e., $12.50). I mean, if I can get a two-hour high-definition Youtube to play without interruption, then why can't even the lowest-resolution DCI stream play?

• Like 1