DCI Partners with FloMarching......

1 minute ago, MotoSurfBass said:

I use JVC Gumy Sports that I pick up from Walmart for $15, and they are the best sounding and most comfortable earbuds I have ever used. Certainly more than the stock Samsung ones I got with either my temporary S5 or my new S8...

I've tried them, not a fan. I swear by using foam tips, particularly the ones made by Shure so I did a little DIY hacking and got them to fit my $100 earbuds, best sound quality I've heard from headphones in that price range. 

To each his own then, I guess. :guinesssmilie:

28 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Don't cancel Flomarching yet. Give them a chance to fix what went wrong on their first drum corps event. There were sound issues for us and I'm sure Flo is just as anxious as we are to resolve them.

The audio sounded very similar to when they covered BOA events this past fall.  They have a problem and no desire to fix it.  I will be shocked if they do.

Obviously there were some issues with FloMarching for some of you tonight, but I've got to say it was a no-issue night on my system.  Hope they are able to fix what some of you encountered. I was one of the first to scream and complain last year so I totally understand those that are frustrated...but for my first night I was happy.  Things, for me, were MUCH improved over BOA in November.

• Like 1

I'm holding off until the July 15 shows.  Let them fix the problems and then buy for one month to get through finals.  $49 to see finals is cheaper than last year and I will still get to see a ton of shows.

Hopefully the issues that have been mentioned by many will be improved by mid-July.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I'm holding off until the July 15 shows.  Let them fix the problems and then buy for one month to get through finals.  $49 to see finals is cheaper than last year and I will still get to see a ton of shows.

Hopefully the issues that have been mentioned by many will be improved by mid-July.

I may actually do that as well... I can pay for the same price as a yearly subscription for San Antonio --> Finals for DCI, and all of March and April in WGI, and not pay for it all in one down payment. LotHype will fill the void until then, I guess.

I came into last night with low flo expectations, i walked away overall pleased with it. I will probably only keep it for one month and end my subscription after san antonio, as I will be in Indi for finals weekend and will likely be busy during allentown. 

The only downsides were average sound quality (sometimes its the corps fault for where they put their speakers too), but i don't have the highest expectations for streamed content through my laptop. Also not having 1080p was disappointing to me, but not enough to really complain about. Overall i'm happy and excited to watch 4 shows in 5 days from friday to tuesday this week. 

My peak excitement of the activity is when I'm able to watch streams of live events and follow scores and recaps. The last few years have been weak in that regard, i still miss the fan network and being able to watch shows from the season and prior seasons, and download audio or video from the season. But this will do for now. 

I am also pleasantly surprised with FloMarching.  I abhorred the previous streaming option as I always ran into issues with buffering.  I live in a pretty rural area and the best I could get from Neulion was 480p and it even could not handle that at times.  Last night I had a pretty clear picture that never had any buffering issues the entire night.  The audio as mentioned was not good at times but I'm keeping fingers crossed that it will get better.  Not a bad investment to get BOA and WGI which I follow as well.  

I did get a friendly response, suggesting that I switch from Firefox to Chrome. So I guess I'll try that for the next stream.

• Like 1

I've been using Chrome, and I haven't had any troubles.  The video quality has been great with very little buffering, and the audio is often very clear and crisp.

I went into it with low expectations and so far am very pleased.