DCI Partners with FloMarching......

Quote from the discussion on Reddit:

"Tom Blair will still be producing both championships week as well as the Tour Premiere in the theaters. Also, the tech people at DCI are WELL aware of the issues that Flo has had at both WGI & BOA."

Gives me some relief here.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

The only problem (and it's a big one) I see with them is the streaming quality. Video picture wise it's great, but angle choice is not always the best, 

I'm not sure what is MORE important than quality...aren't you nice...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

Nope. You can pay for just one month ($30). If you had purchased before guard, you could have watched all of guard, drums, and winds for only $30.

I'll most likely get the subscription for a day, watch the shows and shut it down. Regardless of cost, I think by removing the ala cart feature as well as the cost options we'd had in the past makes me really think about not restarting the subscription in the summer. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

Last post on the subject for me for now, promise. (1) After watching some of their recent lot posts, they seem to have fixed their microphone problem (could just be temporary). The sound in these lot videos is awesome. Very clear. (2) I'm guessing that since FloMarching is apparently working with Tresona and they've also taken the marching arts by storm recently, they must be pretty well off financially at this point. So better equipment and tech people on the way?

You are deluding yourself that if you think a company that has been able to get along with a mediocre product up til now will all of a sudden come out with a spectacular one...

• Like 3

Well, it was nice supporting DCI the last few years by purchasing the live streams. Now, it is illegal for me to do so. I can't legally view any shows this year, even if I want to. And I can't even use a VPN, as my only internet access is at work, and we can't use VPNs there (and connections are monitored).

Hope the rest of you have a good season. 

My guess, DCI signed this deal with Flo because of Flo's standing with Tresona. DCI wants a more cozy relationship with Tresona. And if potentially subpar live stream broadcast show transmittals is the tradeoff, DCI will make that Faustian Bargain.  DCI  rarely, if ever initiates policies based upon what it believes the vast majority of its small fan base wants.  if DCI believes it can have better smooth sailing for its member Corps with Tresona regarding copywrites and the timely approvals for its membership Corps, it will cut that deal. And that looks to me at first blush as to what probably occurred here. So we fans will just have to fork over our money for the Live Streams to Flo, cross our fingers, and hope Flo makes things Go for us as planned. But no, their history with these Live Streams of events does not give us much confidence at the moment with their promise of "quality delivery".

Edited by BRASSO

Just now, shofmon88 said:

Well, it was nice supporting DCI the last few years by purchasing the live streams. Now, it is illegal for me to do so. I can't legally view any shows this year, even if I want to. And I can't even use a VPN, as my only internet access is at work, and we can't use VPNs there (and connections are monitored).

Hope the rest of you have a good season. 

You were the first posterI thought about when I read this announcement......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

You are deluding yourself that if you think a company that has been able to get along with a mediocre product up til now will all of a sudden come out with a spectacular one...

I'm just trying to be optimistic, man

• Like 1

Just now, brassdude6171 said:

I'm just trying to be optimistic, man

I get that...

I'm on Facebook and I'm seeing people in SW rejoycing over this change. Sure, I'm glad there'll be more open class coverage, but the quality won't be as good as it has been.

Edited by DawsonBurnes