Pick A Show You Wish You Could See For The First Time Again

BK 2014. Big Loud and Live that year was my first run-in as a fan and I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Wish I could have been better prepared for a show as beautiful as that one.

• Like 2

My choice is a bit more basic and includes an entire show or as they were called back in the day competitions. I'd love to see whatever corps competed in a Boston CYO circuit show on a Sunday afternoon in 1975. I think the show was at Dilboy Field in Somerville though it may have been Russell Field in Cambridge. The CYO circuit had bands, drill teams, and drum corps in shows (ten different competitive categories), I was in a band and one show had "junior" (feeder) drum corps and prep drum corps (Class B). Most likely the corps included the  Malden Ambassadors, Renegades of Quincy, the Arlington Heightsmen, Somerville Annunciators, Jeannettes Jr, and Braintree Braves with some others I can't recall. I was hooked. I didn't know about 27th, Boston Crusaders, or St. Francis Xavier Sancions yet, that would be about a week away, or what you saw in June was nothing as to what you would see in August. I really became obsessed when I went to CYO Nationals in 1976. 

Note to parents and grandparents: we may not have circuits or feeder corps anymore, but if you have a daughter or son or granddaughter or grandson who loves music, gets excited about the middle school band marching in the local Memorial Day parade, loves, knows and attempts to play by ear pop, jazz, and classical music, get him/her to a drum corps show this summer! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

BK 2014. Big Loud and Live that year was my first run-in as a fan and I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Wish I could have been better prepared for a show as beautiful as that one.

For me, it was BK DATR 2012.

I had never been to a drum corps show before in my life.  It was raining off and on.  All the corps did standstills...until it was BK's turn.  They came out and did their WHOLE show.  

I don't know a lot about music, especially classical music, but I love to listen to most anything.  I'm a big Sci-Fi fan.  Their show...the bird race...the comet...their journey to a new home...the metamorphosis...the Firebird Suite...WOW.

• Like 1

One show that I wish I could have seen live would be 1995 Cavaliers show "The Planets". Granted they are doing what seems to be a space themed show this season, I am a huge sucker for anything space related. I can only watch it on my Cavies championship DVD. 

Honestly, I would throw in The Cavaliers 2016 show "Propaganda" too.... I really enjoyed watching that show in Houston! 

Looking forward to seeing what each corps has in store for us in this upcoming season!

I'm gonna stick to ones I saw live.  I got to watch Carolina Crown rehearse the day before their first show in Arizona (or was it New Mexico...) in 2013.  Hadn't heard or seen any of the show.  I knew they were gonna win as soon as they did their full run through, that was pretty dang special.  

• Like 4

Cavaliers 2000!?

That is what popped into my mind.  I remember being blown away which was surprising for me with Cavies.