Pick A Show You Wish You Could See For The First Time Again

16 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

BD 93. Horn line. OMG. That is all.

Missed it by a year, would love to have heard that hornline live. That book is so sick.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

Missed it by a year, would love to have heard that hornline live. That book is so sick.

Had the honor of hearing them live 4 times in SoCal that year. Amazing. I have 1993 slightly behind 1991 as the greatest BD horn line of all time.

You know......I hate not being able to dig through shows from all years as a new fan, discovering show after show after show that I'd never heard or seen before.  I REALLY miss that, I feel like I've finally at least listened to a large majority of shows.  No more hidden gems or discarded shows because of placement to find hiding under a rock somewhere.  Only the future shows to look forward to now.  

• Like 2

Cadets 2011.  That was the very first top-tier show I ever saw live, and I saw it in June.  I was awestruck by it.  The show made me feel 'smart' as a fan, as in it had an obvious story line that was straight forward enough for even a novice to follow. 

Madison 1993

Crown 2013 hands down. It was my very first DCI show and at the opening hit I was sold. The sheer power and clarity of Crown's hornline that year gave me chills the entire show, and the story captivated me so immensely I never got bored, and as a plus one of the few ballads to bring a tear to my eye.

• Like 1

Again, so many from which to choose.

I'll go with 2014 Blue Devils. 

Best drum corps I've seen, in my 50 years around the activity.  Performance, and design, that was about as flawless as it gets... or may ever get.

• Like 1

My selection is the Chicago Royal Airs (or Aires) 1965 Championship performance at The VFW Nationals in....Chicago where they beat the Cavaliers.

My recollection is that at the time, the Boys in Green were not referred to as "The" .........   I wonder when that pretentiousness started with drum corps.

Although scheduled to be held outside at Hanson Field, rain and wind (what else?) forced the finals to be held indoor at McCormick Place.

The Royal Airs entire show was electric, with "Alexander's Ragtime Band" and "Watermelon Man" leading the way in sound and memories.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JustAMarchingBassoon said:

Crown 2013 hands down. It was my very first DCI show and at the opening hit I was sold. The sheer power and clarity of Crown's hornline that year gave me chills the entire show, and the story captivated me so immensely I never got bored, and as a plus one of the few ballads to bring a tear to my eye.

I think there was a period earlier that summer where I got to see that show twice in three days, and by the second time (at some small podunk high school) when they got to the end of their ballad I was sure it was one for the ages. Had to physically hold myself back from standing up right then. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing.

• Like 1