Have DCI Events Ever Sold Beer/Wine?

12 minutes ago, cowtown said:

It’s absurd to think that a nationwide policy in all stadiums, not just NFL, of removing caps is due to an Eagles game. Do you really believe that?  The information is wrong. At Sox baseball stadium and all others, they must open cans too (no cap),  and soda pop tops are plastic. No glass bottles are served (they are poured in to cups)

They are several reasons they open all types of drinks prior to service and don't give you the cap, security is one,  but it’s mainly down to local liquor and food licensing. Same reason you can’t go into a liquor store and ask them to serve you a drink* is why they must open all beverages prior to service

*yes, I’m aware of tap rooms, we have them here, again a unique license

I agree a nationwide uniform policy is unlikely, but it is possible that insurance companies set policies as a result of lawsuits that may impact a good number of vendors. If one stadium or park gets sued, chances are word will spread to other venues and insurers rather quickly and they'll make changes to avoid the same trap.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I agree a nationwide uniform policy is unlikely, but it is possible that insurance companies set policies as a result of lawsuits that may impact a good number of vendors. If one stadium or park gets sued, chances are word will spread to other venues and insurers rather quickly and they'll make changes to avoid the same trap.

Exactly.

14 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I won't argue with you until you spend some time doing research on the policy change following the Philadelphia game. It was a major discussion in New York and Philadelphia media about twenty years. Your giving me knee jerk reactions with your posts. Do the research, the reading, and you'll see what I posted was true at that time. I am not responding further no matter how many disparaging comments or multiple posts you hit in your anger which seems to be a monthly event. I have passed it along to the moderators.

I have heard through the years that they remove the cap due to the throwing a full bottle issue. So I believe you are correct. Also to further the theory they also remove the caps from bottles of water and soda if sold in the bottle of course. 

But But lets get back to having Beer sold at DCI events. 

This is a win win for me because I'm going to get my drink on regardless. I'm not saying I have to have it but it sure makes me more happy when I have to watch/listen to MM in awkwardly fitting jumpsuits like little elvis--es , and electronics disrupting the horn and percussion quality, not to mention the voice over mind numbing atrocities. 

I still think 10-Cent Beer Night is the key to packing large stadiums across the country for drum corps shows.

Who cares if most of the fans are even bothering to watch the shows at those events. You have their money, right? :lle:

70-80 thousand butts in the seats. As long as riots don't break out, it's all good. :tongue:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, E3D said:

But But lets get back to having Beer sold at DCI events. 

This is a win win for me because I'm going to get my drink on regardless. I'm not saying I have to have it but it sure makes me more happy when I have to watch/listen to MM in awkwardly fitting jumpsuits like little elvis--es , and electronics disrupting the horn and percussion quality, not to mention the voice over mind numbing atrocities. 

So... save your ticket money, buy the streaming package, and dislike the corps from the comfort of your home... while enjoying all the booze you can handle.   :ninja:

On 4/26/2017 at 3:06 PM, E3D said:

for me I don't like the blazers on the hippy lettuce but what can you really say?????? I accept alcohol. as is. maybe because as long as they don't vomit on me I'm good? but otherwise the stoners and their hippy lettuce pisses me right off. 

I'd rather have a quiet stoner sitting next to me and having epic revelations about how BD manipulates space and timbre than a drunk guy any day

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Did you know that DCA once had a competing Corps called " The Ballentine Brewers " ?

I don't know too much about the Corps, but their souvie truck was broken into a few times at nite on the road. I don't think the thieves were primarily looking for Corps souvies though.. but who knows.

I never saw them but definitely heard of them.  Also, the Hamm's Indians from Minneapolis/St.Paul.  

BITD, didn't Coors give Blue Knights $$$? I think Nisei Ambassadors got some $$ from Anheuser-Busch.  They played a Budweiser tag one year, as I recall. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I never saw them but definitely heard of them.  Also, the Hamm's Indians from Minneapolis/St.Paul.  

BITD, didn't Coors give Blue Knights $$$? I think Nisei Ambassadors got some $$ from Anheuser-Busch.  They played a Budweiser tag one year, as I recall. 

The Brewers were around for a couple of seasons or so, mid-1960s.  I don't think they were a member of DCA... certainly not one of the seven founding member corps.  I know they weren't at the first DCA championship show in '65.

I definitely remember Nisei doing that Budweiser tag!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

tThe Brewers were around for a couple of seasons or so, mid-1960s.  I don't think they were a member of DCA... certainly not one of the seven founding member corps.  I know they weren't at the first DCA championship show in '65.

I definitely remember Nisei doing that Budweiser tag!!

Another drum corps wearing purple!  They played the Budweiser tag is 1973.  

NiseiAmbassadors,Chicago,IL1%283.0x2.0%29.jpg

• Like 1