Have DCI Events Ever Sold Beer/Wine?

I'm just curious about this. I've been going to DCI shows since I was about 15, and not being of age, I don't even remember if beer or wine were sold at them. I know they aren't now. 

Last September, I went to the DCA Finals in Rochester, NY...and was pleasantly surprised that I could buy an ice cold beer and watch drum corps. 

Seems that it would be a huge revenue producer in large domes, etc. 

Just curious if anyone had any insight. 

31 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I'm just curious about this. I've been going to DCI shows since I was about 15, and not being of age, I don't even remember if beer or wine were sold at them. I know they aren't now. 

Depends on the venue, but you can drink at finals, for example. 

With many shows being held at high schools though, they can't. 

What the others have said. At a pro sports stadium, pretty good chance beer will be sold. At a high school venue, no chance. College stadiums.... maybe, maybe not.. quite often not.

• Like 1

I went to what looked to me like a huge beer festival one time in Europe on a whim, and lo and behold a Pro soccer game broke out in front of me out on the stadium field. The Pro soccer game didn't seem to interrupt the main attraction as near as I could tell though. Most in the stands that day seemed motivated, dedicated and very loyal with their local brewery to me, and supported them all the way.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Interesting...my wife and I will be at Prelims/Quarters/Finals this year. We have been to DCI South for the last 11 years in the Georgia Dome, which is ( was) a Professional Sports stadium, and they have never had beer/wine vendors. For some reason, I though they were the "norm". Thanks for all the great responses! 

• Like 1

No beer sales at DCI San Antonio either. They sell beer there just not during the DCI events.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

What the others have said. At a pro sports stadium, pretty good chance beer will be sold. At a high school venue, no chance. College stadiums.... maybe, maybe not.. quite often not.

Not to rehash the Vegas show discussion too much, but fun fact, according to legend I was told in college, UNLV's current stadium, Sam Boyd Stadium, is the only college-specific football stadium to sell Jack n Coke.

Edited by ouooga
  • Like 1