Crowd Reactions to shows

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh danny boy. 

I should have put the dang :sarcasm: on my previous post. I keep forgetting that. :bleah:

As much as I hated to see them leave DCI - I did not really care for them and in fact held a un-reserved amount of hate for their corps.

I've grown a bit older now and do not have any hate towards the Lancers. Wellllllllllllll maybe just a little. But I wish they were still around DCI no doubt.  

Edited by E3D
  • Like 1

'94 27 was pretty incredible.  I don't think most knew they were going to do a full field show.  '95 Scouts was the most incredible reaction and I saw it at Allentown.  '92 when SCV went into the Bottle Dance.  Allentown more so than finals.  BAC 2000.  Lower placing corps - Jersey Surf 2012

• Like 1

I think I saw every show mentioned here and I still say Regiment 2008 above all, its not even close really

Madison 95 was good, several Standing Os, 27th was awesome and I loved seeing it, it was a different type reaction, more sentimental and appreciative than baby throwing, Kingsmen in 2007 was similar. Madison 88, they got a big standing O after the triangle hit then the very end but it was no more than most championship shows get. Crown 13 got more love than Bluecoats 16, Crown fans were almost annoying with clapping at everything, standing up a ton (almost forced)

Edited by cowtown
  • Like 1

The two loudest reactions I've witnessed were 1986 Blue Devils and 1995 Scouts. In '86, I thought the stands were going to collapse.

86 Devils what a great bunch of old men playing soprano's. :lol:

1997 Scouts 

Negative- the Cadets 2007 first run during finals week.  A perfect storm for negative reaction...1) Finals were in California (West Coast) at the Rose Bowl, 2) All the voice-over in the show (many fans did not like that), 3) The hash mark controversy, and leaving the field and delaying performances during prelims.  All of this was a perfect storm of angst that caused actual booing by the crowd during the Cadets performance on Thursday night. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ibexpercussion said:

Negative- the Cadets 2007 first run during finals week.  A perfect storm for negative reaction...1) Finals were in California (West Coast) at the Rose Bowl, 2) All the voice-over in the show (many fans did not like that), 3) The hash mark controversy, and leaving the field and delaying performances during prelims.  All of this was a perfect storm of angst that caused actual booing by the crowd during the Cadets performance on Thursday night. 

Yes, that was a crazy night. It really jaded my attitudes about drum corps. I knew the activity that I loved since I was a boy had irrevocably changed. There was ugliness from both sides.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wallace said:

Yes, that was a crazy night. It really jaded my attitudes about drum corps. I knew the activity that I loved since I was a boy had irrevocably changed. There was ugliness from both sides.

The only ugliness was the Cadets leadership. The reaction to something someone does not like is to be expected. Just lucky it was only boooos.