June 22nd, DCI Tour Premiere/Theater Event

Tickets just went on sale today, in my area, anyway. 

I don't even bother going to the Fathom Events website...I just go straight to movietickets.com

Got my tickets, and the theater is already about 50% sold out. 

Just FYI to everybody. 

and where I live in the Northeast, we're lucky to get 12 in the theater any year.

One reason is that DCI and Regal leave out whole counties where the bands are and corps were. Another reason is that in the Northeast,,schools are still in session and the event occurs during final exams and Regents week for many schools. Too much going on. People save their money till the shows are completed, the field confidence secured, and the competing activities lessen.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

and where I live in the Northeast, we're lucky to get 12 in the theater any year.

Yup. Usually in the theatre we go to, there are more ticket takers under the age of 22 in the theatre than ticket givers under age 22 in the theatre. But its sure beats our neighbors to the north in Canada.  DCI is regrettably pretty much dead all around up in Canada now.

Edited by BRASSO

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

One reason is that DCI and Regal leave out whole counties where the bands are and corps were. Another reason is that in the Northeast,,schools are still in session and the event occurs during final exams and Regents week for many schools. Too much going on. People save their money till the shows are completed, the field confidence secured, and the competing activities lessen.

Carmike Theatre in Lehigh Valley PA was pretty full last year...I was nicely surprised. Can't make that one this year but there's one nearby our early summer vacay spot. It will be a nice diversion.

Not dead. Pining for the corps.

9 hours ago, xandandl said:

Same deal for my theater I go to in Westchester County...a  few years back there were more...but the last couple years were dismal showings...I'm just happy the theater still carries it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xandandl said:

Hello New J'er here and hear what you're saying but I think it really depends on the theater.  The theater I go to get a good turnout probably 30+ mostly in their 20s and another theater that I could go to gets about the same amount .