Big day today in DCA

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Well, according to Corpsreps, this is what they were scheduled for each of the past five years (though some of these shows didn't happen), not counting championships:

2016: Ijamsville MD; Woodstock GA; Atlanta GA (dci); Reading PA

2015: Wilson NC; Atlanta GA (dci); Woodstock GA; Rockmart GA; Reading PA

2014: St. Augustine FL; Chester PA; Fayetteville NC; Dallas GA; Atlanta GA (dci); Douglasville GA; Reading PA

2013: Nokesville VA; Atlanta GA (dci); Douglasville GA; Reading PA

2012: Wildwood NJ; Nokesville VA; Robbinsville NJ; Reading PA

Even omitting the DCI shows, that's 12 shows south of the Mason-Dixon line and 8 shows north of it.

Well... they certainly seem to like Reading, PA!!!  :tongue:

• Like 1

My error.  Getting old plays tricks on the memory.  I do recall though, that prior to 2012, Carolina Gold used to come up north more often.

• Like 1

After looking over the DCA schel, i see Carolina Gold listed for only 2 shows ,Ijmsville and Reading .

I heard there is no longer a show on Long Island.  That really stinks.  Over the bridge again I go to see a DCA show, or 2....

• Like 1

There is a DCI/DCA show in Woodstock GA on July 14 and it is on Carolina Golds schedule on their website.  The old DCI Southeast at the Georgia Dome is not taking place this year (the Dome was torn down) so they will not make that trip to GA. Gold is also listed for the Dowingtown PA show. Looking at google maps Raleigh to Reading is 6 hours and 45 min, while Raleigh to Atlanta is 6 hours and 21 min, so Atlanta isn't really that much closer than going up North to Reading for a corps from Raleigh. Also I believe the corps staff has a really good relationship with the Buccaneers leadership so visiting them is a good thing.  Gold has very distinct geography disadvantage anywhere they go they are spending a lot more time on the bus and have less practice time than some others. It is also very expensive to take long bus trips so they may have fewer shows during the season than some others. (yes this is probably true for Minnesota and other NonNortheastern corps)

• Like 1