Just saw Cavaliers opening minutes...

34 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Are they going to be at Illinois Benedictine for ST?  I live pretty close. 

It seems the interplanetary preparations this Spring won't be at St. Procopius and IBC. Rather Cavs are going ecumenical and will be at the Nazarene College before heading to Eastern Illinois. Here's the calendar.https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=cavaliers.org_3jn85huq84ad0ka0mck4sum4bc%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago

The abbot at IBC is coincidentally someone from my hometown. Maybe he'll be rooting for Mass.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

I really didn't like 2016 but I enjoyed Cavaliers a lot most years so I'm hoping this one is more my sort of show - I'd say on the heels of their more competitively successful 16 the recruiting probably went really well so we should have a very talented corps this summer

No doubt they will be great.  They were so in step with their highly successful past last year... and I can only imagine that they will kill it going forward.  Thanks for the update!

Edit:

I didn't intend to put such a contradictory post right after you, George... I was just commenting on the original post.  But I have to say, I thought 2016 looked so much like the World Championship Cavies to my eyes (and ears).  It just seemed like a Cavies show (much more than the stuff coming out from them in the few years prior).

Edited by cfirwin3

Please Green Machine get it into gear! I'm tired of White jumpsuits that are in a dire need of a dry cleaner. :lol:

22 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

No doubt they will be great.  They were so in step with their highly successful past last year... and I can only imagine that they will kill it going forward.  Thanks for the update!

Edit:

I didn't intend to put such a contradictory post right after you, George... I was just commenting on the original post.  But I have to say, I thought 2016 looked so much like the World Championship Cavies to my eyes (and ears).  It just seemed like a Cavies show (much more than the stuff coming out from them in the few years prior).

Reading both yours and George's quotes back to back kind of highlighted the different viewpoints people have on a given show (or series of shows) - as for me, my view regarding the Cavies is more in line with George's: to me, 'Immortal' was by far the best over the past few years. I was not a fan of last year's show, nor of Game On, but you could convince me to admit they were both better than Secret Society...

23 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

Edit:

I'm with George on not really being a fan of the Cavies program in 2016.  But I get what you're saying.  The 2016 certainly seemed to be a milestone for the current design team;  things were well coordinated and did not seem "forced".