Music City April Camp Video

DrumManTX, I was there, sitting on the front row with Kleenex in my ears because they were so powerful. I was thrilled with what I heard.  I went back and listened to the openers of their last 3 shows and this 4 minute opening of "Tribe" sounds like a very different and more mature corps. The brass and percussion arrangements are excellent.  I have watched the video multiple times and find the complex and intricate percussion arrangement fascinating. The MM's look like they are totally invested in "Tribe"!  I believe this is the first time that Music City has done a dark-themed show.  I can hardly wait to see the finished product.

The Music City leadership is to be commended for posting lots of photos and progress videos on their website and FB page. It has certainly built my interest in them and I think they are smart to feed information to their families, friends, and fans.  I wish other corps would follow suit. Great job Music City!

We would love to hear from some of Music City's marching members and staff with insight on the corps.

My first thought was that it sounded a little rough. But then I realized, I had forgotten they were Open Class, not World Class. So, they already have me convinced that they're a World Class caliber corps. That's a very good thing.

As an aside, their 2016 show is my second most listened to show out of every show last year, after SCV.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, shofmon88 said:

My first thought was that it sounded a little rough. But then I realized, I had forgotten they were Open Class, not World Class. So, they already have me convinced that they're a World Class caliber corps. That's a very good thing.

As an aside, their 2016 show is my second most listened to show out of every show last year, after SCV.

Re: . ."it sounded a little rough."  I think they have gotten a pretty difficult set of music for this show and it definitely sounds like WC music, not OC music.  At the March camp for brass, they played more segments of the first two movements than are played in this video, and they were equally challenging.  Just marching for 4-6 minutes at 160 bpm while playing this music could be daunting, but I think they are up to it.  The MM's seem to be excited about the challenge.

3 hours ago, Northern Thunder said:

I am just glad to see Music City is consistently one of the few corps out there that at least gives us a taste of what they are performing, and they have done it for years.

Funny you should post this as I was thinking the same thing.  It was all their videos and photos that first called my attention to them and I've been a fan ever since. 

• Like 1