Loudest Moments Ever???

Stumbled upon Madison 1992 for the first time tonight and that ending holy volume... Is this as loud as it gets or have I still not found the loudest?

• Like 1

I think it may make sense to group this distinction based on the types of instruments used. The horns in used in the 1970s are very different from the horns used in 1990s which are very different from those used today. This (along with instructional approach) is a pretty big determiner of the max volume you'll hear (or seem to hear) in any given show. 

• Like 1

Lots of talk about 1980 SOA. Would loved to have heard it live. That and 80 Madison ending sound pretty incredible on albums. 

Edited by mingusmonk
I was a jerk
  • Like 4

78 Madison Malaguena. Hands down. ears still ringing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mingusmonk said:

How about answering the question? 

Lots of talk about 1980 SOA. Would loved to have heard it live. That and 80 Madison ending sound pretty incredible on albums. 

How about you let him respond to the question any way he wishes. None of your business how other people respond to a question. You can answer it any way you wish. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

How about you let him respond to the question any way he wishes. None of your business how other people respond to a question. You can answer it any way you wish. 

I suppose, but I do like it when people actually provide an answer to the question asked, versus going off on a tangent. I'm sure I'm guilty of that time to time. I think the opening hit of 78 Spirit was pretty darn loud. Back then loud also meant brash much of the time. Oh well that's how it was. 

Spirit of Atlanta in 1979 and 1980. I'll never forget when Spirit was asked to march halftime for Georgia Tech at the Tech-Alabama game ( because Tech students weren't even back in school yet). Alabama brought their "Million Dollar Band" with what looked like a million members. And...just a couple of weeks off of Finals, Spirit walked out onto the field behind them with 128 and just blew the paint off the pressbox. Good times. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I think it may make sense to group this distinction based on the..

...hearing abilities of the respondents when our ears were much younger when we heard a corps in person compared to our hearing capacities today.as we age.

If the metric is from hearing the corps via live stream or vids, then the comparison is the capacity of the electronics and modern technology to broadcast as much as it is a comparison of our ears' abilities to hear. 

I'm sticking with Madison 1975. First note of Slaughter on 10th Avenue and final push of Way We Were.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2