Loudest Moments Ever???

Just now, Fran Haring said:

Spirit, "Georgia" opener, 1980. Ears were bleeding.  :tongue:

So many others from which to choose, from back in the day and from today's era.

For starters, Crown's horn line has not been shy about parting people's hair at various times.  LOL

Yep...and then the final moments of "Let It Be Me" were off the decibel-chart too. Still hate that one baritone got a little over-aggressive in those final phrase...you can hear him/her on the tapes to this day. Might have cost them a medal. Finished 4th to Bridgemen by a hair after beating them in Prelims. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cainan said:

By far the loudest I have ever heard was 89 Santa Clara in the closer when the hornline turns around in the diagonal company front... 28 years later I can still feel the ringing in my ears!

God I am old.

Yea, that was pretty loud, but there were a LOT of loud back then.  Kinda hard for me to say.

Forgive me, I know I've told this story before:

2001 Blue Devils at the Alamodome for the Southwestern championship. The end of I've Got Rhythm/Fascinating Rhythm when the horns come back in with the drums on the drum rack. 

Never heard this before or since - it was so loud all you could hear was distortion. No horns, no drums, no nothing - just a white noise blast of sound. 

After the cutoff, it took me a moment to process what I just heard (or didn't hear), then I look down and the lady in front of me has a sleeping baby in her arms. ☺️

Mike

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Spirit, "Georgia" opener, 1980. Ears were bleeding.  :tongue:

So many others from which to choose, from back in the day and from today's era.

For starters, Crown's horn line has not been shy about parting people's hair at various times.  LOL

Especially where I sit! 

• Like 2