Get Ready For The 2017 Edition Of Cabs At The Beach

The first show of the 2017 DCA competitive season will once again be hosted by the Hawthorne Caballeros in Wildwood, NJ! The 2017 lineup includes the Reading Buccaneers, Fusion Core, Bushwackers, Hurricanes, Caballeros Alumni, and your host corps, the Hawthorne Caballeros! For full details on the show, please see below: Read the rest of the […]

View the full article

Will this be a completion or exbition show ?

Support drum corps in New Jersey and make your way to Wildwood NJ on June 17th.  Looking forward to seeing my Bushwackers and all my drum corps friends.  See you then.

On 5/8/2017 at 6:14 AM, Florida Sun said:

Will this be a completion or exbition show ?

I do believe that like last year, this will be a non-scored event. The corps will perform before a DCA panel, and will have a conversation opportunity with that panel after the show. It worked out really well last year for everyone involved. 

On 5/9/2017 at 10:05 PM, Kamarag said:

I do believe that like last year, this will be a non-scored event. The corps will perform before a DCA panel, and will have a conversation opportunity with that panel after the show. It worked out really well last year for everyone involved. 

So a preview show of sorts?

4 hours ago, kevingamin said:

So a preview show of sorts?

I guess you can call it that. It's still the show it always was, just without numbers. But now with more corps. Judges are still there, conversations still happen, the audience is still entertained, and Kelly's is still the hot-spot after the show.

Edited by Kamarag

10 hours ago, Kamarag said:

I guess you can call it that. It's still the show it always was, just without numbers. But now with more corps. Judges are still there, conversations still happen, the audience is still entertained, and Kelly's is still the hot-spot after the show.

And without scores to wait for and announce, we all get to Kelly's or the Boardwalk earlier!!! :tongue:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

And without scores to wait for and announce, we all get to Kelly's or the Boardwalk earlier!!! :tongue:

To be fair, very few people stay to her scores at any show anymore...that's what the internet is for...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kamarag said:

To be fair, very few people stay to her scores at any show anymore...that's what the internet is for...

Exactly. Heck, I wish I didn't have to stay!!!  LOL

• Like 1