Blue Devils 2017 Show Announcement

3 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

One thing about this concept is that it is literally built to evolve as the season progresses. So they are all but telling us that they are going to add to and evolve the production as they go. And knowing them, they already have some amazing visual concepts up their sleeve.

Well that really is how they always do it but I guess it is much more pronounced this year or something?  I actually love that the "theme" is  kind of vague IMO.  More emphasis on the music I am hoping and then take visuals as it comes to them.  I like my idea of what that means but I could be totally wrong.  hahaha

Hey I just love that they are taking on some really tough music and "owning it" so to speak.

I also love that the B and C corps will be using the System Blue drums.  I wonder about the pit equipment though.  Adams sure does make good stuff but who knows what is on the horizon.  I am sure they have an idea that will work out great for everyone involved.

Edited by flammaster

There's one thing about BDs show music this year.  It's going to be pretty darned difficult to fit all those notes into the allotted time.

47 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

There's one thing about BDs show music this year.  It's going to be pretty darned difficult to fit all those notes into the allotted time.

Naww they just play em faster.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Wow.  

While the upper brass will seem galactic, the psycho-dynamics and musical agility is not that different for them from Bumblebee.

But the finale of this piece seems pure BD. I hope they keep it big and plush (almost like the MGM fanfare from a few seasons back) rather than snip and clip..

• Like 2

So Crown does Dark Side of The Moon and Vitae Aeternum by Paul-Lovatt Cooper and now the BD will be doing The Triump of Time by Peter Graham.  Can't wait until some of the other great brass band pieces make it on the field.  If I missed other pieces I'm sorry.

Edited by Ghost

Meh, it's BD, don't pay too much attention to the rep, the music will not likely sound like any of it.   They always create their own music which is more inspired by rather than the original.  Whatever.  They will still wiin regardless.